Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Feeling Much Better

You know, I was thinking. It amazes me sometimes how by just doing what I know to do things really work out. I have been struggling with my allergies for a few months now and I have been saying "I really need to go see the doctor"! Well yesterday I did. After we talked for awhile and he checked me out he said it was either very bad allergies or a cold! He started me on Flonase (sp?) to see if it would help, other wise it was just a matter of rest and fluids to get better. The medication seems to be working wonders because I am feeling significantly better today! I just keep thinking that if I had gone a couple of months ago I might have avoided this whole episode, but I am an American male who is basically stubborn and have to learn things the hard way.

A couple of other facts that came out of yesterday's appointment were the following:
Weight: down 18 lbs. since the beginning of March
BP: 116/61
Pulse: 51
Temp: 97.0
I really believe that this is the healthiest that I have been in my life! I am looking forward to dropping about another 50 lbs by the end of the year and seeing how much better I feel getting there. For many years I haven't taken my health very seriously but I have a renewed sense of value and want to do this for me! I like the way Pastor Tom has said it so many times "I'm addicted to feeling good"! I thank God for all of you who have been of such great encouragement to me and for all of the love that you show to me. If it be God's will, I hope I can be around Pudging people for years to come. Be blessed beyond belief today.

15 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a renewed sense of value"

would that have a name? oh, say, one that begins with "r"?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jay said...

That's the one russell!!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, blood pressure kinda low, yes he does have a pulse... temperature a little low (and dropping) hmmmmmm

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"basically stubborn and has to learn things the hard way"

"awhile" = a while

"other wise" = otherwise

Free editing is available, but you eschew it.

There are so many interesting Biblical matters to discuss, if only Wild Wednesdays would return!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Watch it woman! You're getting very close to receiving a you know what here. Just watch your step. B4T

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

BTW LUVKJV, don't forget that tomorrow is Wednesday! The post is already written. B4T

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I use to love Trapper John MD. Best T.V. doctor since...or did you mean M*A*S*H?

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I just realized you were grammatically corrected again!!
Has DEP finally met his match?

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Remember the days that DEP corrected every blogger on Grammer?
How's it feel now Big Boy?

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Woo Hoo go Rachel!!! I knew I liked you!
On a side note, glad you're feeling better DEP.
On a further tangent, when you are down another 50 lbs, can I call you DET (Doug E. THIN)?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

nice athlete's heart rate, btw!

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mon cher DEP,

Do I detect the hint of an "or else?" Please!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

My dear LUVKJV, I am afraid that I don't see the words "or else" anywhere in my comments! I am afraid that I simply don't know what you mean here. B4T

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quelle dommage. (What a shame.) So glad that you're "felling" much better. What are you felling?

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

DOH! Fixed it now! How did I miss that one? B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home