Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Madness - Softball On Sunday

You know, I was thinking. I am going to try a new weekly feature and see if it works out for me. It seems like my weekends are so full of activity that I have to come back to work on Monday just to rest up a bit! But I had a wonderful weekend and I want to share some of the highlights with all of you!

It began Friday night with the small group meeting at the Walsh home! They were doing their post-201 celebration and I was priviledged enough to join them. It is great when Christians just come together to spend time with one another. This group is made up of mostly young couples with young children and they have really come together nicely in the past few months. Keep up the great job Sammy!

Saturday was great! I slept in until 7:00 and got up feeling great. I cooked breakfast for momma and myself and began my day. The day was filled with yard work in the morning and a quick little trip to the store after that. The lovely school teacher from Waterford showed up around 3:30 and the Big Honkin' Grill was then lit. Dinner would soon be on the table.

After we ate, Ms. Amazing, ONOM, Ole Girl and the Pudgeman were on there way over to The Little Pine Nine for some golf! That's right I said GOLF! What a great time that was. It was then back to the compound to have a little snack, some time for visiting with momma, and a little cuddle time for Ms. Amazing and me. To put it simply, it was a very good Saturday! Busy but very good!

Sunday morning was absolutely fantastic! Pastor Chilton from Midland delivered a wonderful testimony/sermon! It really took me back to remember where God has brought ME from! Thank you Jim for sharing such a very personal and inspirational message. At the end of service, Ms. Amazing had arrived and after I finished with a couple of responsibilities at the Civic, we were off to pick up some Chicken and go to the pre-softball picnic! That was a lot of fun but I must admit, those Baptists had us beat as far as picnicing is concerned!

Now, it was double header time! We had to reschedule this game from Thursday due to the VBS program at Missionary Baptist. This would prove to be a great thing! It made for a wonderful Sunday afternoon and we had many more fans for both teams than what we would have had on a Thursday. Since the real coach wasn't there, the team was mine to do as I pleased! So I did as I pleased and we had a very successful afternoon. Everyone who came to play got to play (even the Pudgeman) and we won both games. If nothing else, I gave the players a deeper appreciation for Russ and the way he coaches a team. It was a good time!

The evening was spent with the small group that meets a Roger Boley's home. We had a wonderful time of worship and reflection. This group really loves and cares about one another. I always feel uplifted after spending time there! Finally I went home and finished out the evening with doing a load of laundry and talking to you know who on the phone. Great ending to a great weekend.

I know this went a little long today, but I just felt like sharing. Hope all of you have had the opportunity to enjoy life (I know that I did) and allow the Father to refresh you! It is for a person to work, but it is important to take time out for what you love also! Allow God to grow in you throughout the week this week. Be blessed beyond belief today.

8 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to beat Rachel with this one...

there=their (first paragraph)

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I'm not going to touch the other word in the first paragraph)

Sounds like an awesome time. It's a shame that I missed two of my favorite things Sunday (NewSong and Softball). Looking forward to doing another picnic/softball outing in the near future!!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Thanks Russ for catching that before "you know who" did! Sunday was great and a fantastic topper to a wonderful weekend. Missed you though, but I think you will find a team with more respect for you (the real coach) now. B4T

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I intentionally leave the errors in so that I keep my humility. It's kind of like Paul's thorn in the flesh! It also keeps you from picking on other people and keeps you focused on me! Pretty smart huh? I thought so. B4T

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

you and Rach are getting as bad as Sam and I...

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

What do you mean by that? Why are you calling us bad? What did we do to offend you and make you call us names? Why can't we all just get along like we did on Friday night? Why don't you like me? Why don't you like Rachel? Will you be my friend now? God loves you you know! Yes WOW you have been ever so gently Pudged! B4T

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

She said we were as bad as her and Sam. She called us bad! I don't like being referred to as bad! Do you like being called bad? I know that I don't! Besides, it was probably the most gentle Pudging of all times. It was more like an udging! That's the reason, any more questions? B4T

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I could............................but I won't. It's my blog and I don't have to! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home