Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rachel Wednesday #10 – The Rest Of The Story

You know, I was thinking. We will now pick up our ongoing saga of Doug and Rachel on April 12, 2006 @ about 10 p.m. Rachel had just called me as I was ready to go to bed and she was very excited! She began by saying something like “I just got home and read my emails and had to call you right away.” I asked her what was up and she proceeded with “I think that you will find this to be good news; that other match that I was supposed to go and see next week just dumped me for the second time by email!” I asked her if she was all right and she assured me that she was. Now, please understand that sometimes I can be a little thick-headed and slow. It hadn’t quite hit me yet as to what she was actually trying to tell me. Then it dawned on me that if this other match was now out of the picture it would appear that there was nothing standing between me and a relationship with Rachel. So I asked, "Does this mean that you want to see what will happen between you and me?" She said, “Well, yes!” but I think she actually meant “Well, duh!” For one of the few times in my life I couldn’t think of anything to say! I was for a few seconds absolutely speechless! She went on talking about how this was an answer to her prayers. You see, she had been really struggling with what to do so she had been praying that God would make it so she didn’t have to hurt either one of us (the other match or myself) and now she had received her answer. That phone conversation went on for about another half hour or so and I was as excited about the possibilities as she was! Just as a side note here, I didn’t get much sleep that night either! We couldn’t wait to see each other again but because of our schedules we would have to wait until Saturday. From this point forward Rachel and I have been together! Things have continued to progress nicely in our relationship and with God holding the controls we are both enjoying the ride.

At this point in time I want to let you know why our relationship is so, shall we say, unique and special. Let’s look as some of the highlights as I see them:

1. We met on the internet! Neither Rachel nor I had ever done anything like this before and odds of the two of us finding one another any other way were astronomical to say the least (not to mention how quickly we were matched up). But we both signed up on eharmony just a few days apart. We both were looking for a Christian to date. We both had marriages that had failed… This will blow your mind if you think about it too long.

2. Both of us had been praying for answers to our individual situations in life. Each of us wanted a clear answer from the Father concerning any relationship that we would enter into.

3. I hardly had any dating experiences since my divorce and Rachel had none, but we both had a pretty clear idea as to what we were looking for in a potential mate. We both had priority lists and neither one of us wanted to compromise on what was “really important.”

4. We haven’t stopped praying about our relationship! That has been one thing that the two of us seem to do well. We have both been keeping God at the center of things and even though no relationship is perfect, it isn’t hard to see that ours is very good! God will always let us know what to do next.

I want to encourage everyone who reads this to understand that Rachel and I are not together by accident. We had both made decisions based on what we felt God wanted us to do. We then followed a plan of action that I truly believe was blessed by the Father. The greatest thing about this is that anyone can get the answers that they are seeking to anything that is happening in their lives. This is about a relationship, but it can work just as easily for answers to any other of life’s situations. Remember, ALWAYS keep God at the center of every situation and/or circumstance in your life. Be blessed beyond belief today.

7 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Pete said...

beautiful story..an awesome example of waiting to hear from the Lord. May he continue to bless your relationship... You two will continue to be in our prayers concerning the next steps in your relationship. I think it may be the hardest few..at least for those that love you. (someone is going to have to move if things continue being blessed) but lets not think on these things yet. awesome....

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I am so happy that you waited for the Lord to lead you. I tend to plough ahead and ask God to bless it, but your example is a reminder of the correct way to do things.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I can read this or not till I get a degree? Kinda like sneaking a peek at Song of Solomon when you are supposed to be reading Romans...

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

What a great testimony!!! You have perservered through your trials...and who knows what will come next=)))))).

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Well thats awesome, but what are we going to do on Wednesdays from now on???

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

wild wednesdays should return

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Is this the end of Rachel Wednesday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home