Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Separation Anxiety

You know, I was thinking. If you are a person who doesn't like reading a bunch of lovey dovey mushy stuff then stop reading now! I mean it................ stop reading! HEY! I said if you don't like that kind of stuff stop R-E-A-D-I-N-G! OK, I warned you. One of the ways that I know that Rachel and I are destined to be husband and wife for life is because of how we feel about being together. It's funny how this relationship stuff works sometimes. We both have lives to live and we do talk on the phone often, but there is something about being in close proximity to one another that brings a certain peace. We don't have to be right next to each other or holding hands to feel the love that is there. We are certainly past the point of trying to impress the other person. But simply being near one another and hearing the other persons voice brings us so much peace. Last Saturday we were sitting cuddled up on her couch watching the Michigan game. She was very tired that day and she dozed off to sleep in my arms. I believe that is one way that a relationship can be book marked. You are at a comfort level where you can take a nap instead of feeling like you have to be in constant conversation or paying close attention to someone. Not to say that those things aren't important, but so are peace and comfort.
Let's get to the bottom of this whole thing. Rachel and I are in love with each other. We are going to be spending the rest of our lives together and we are both excited about that! God has blessed us more than either one of us can describe or verbalize and we don't take that for granted. Life is short, live it like you mean it. I would like to thank Pastor Tom for his inspirational post that I read this morning. Talk about getting my attention! If you want to read it then go to the Semper Fi link on the right. Go out and be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story about Tonia and I and Michigan football...

While we were at college, we missed Michigan so much that on one Saturday afternoon that we actually got television coverage of a Michigan game (local coverage sucks I must say!!!), so we turned the air up really high, got bundled up in hats and coats, grabbed our Michigan fleece and watched the game w/ some hot chocolate. Arkansas Fall isn't exactly the same as a Michigan Fall so we had to create the atmosphere ourself.

Great fun. Gwerls Rock!

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time Donna fell asleep in my arms was watching the Hall of Fame preseason football game back in oh, 1990 I think..That was back when they played it on Saturday afternoon. How sweet and what a wonderful memory for you two, too!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Sir Thomas, I swear to you I haven't opened Song Of Solomon! Only Romans baby, but I do plan to begin that study on July 15, 2007! B4T

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I am so happy for you both. Your post brings a smile to my face on a day when I really need one! I can't tell you how wonderful that feeling of utter contentment is, but you have done a great job of describing it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home