Wednesday, January 10, 2007

One Week Down & A Lifetime To Go

You know, I was thinking. I have been blessed with a wife for a week now and I must say this married life stuff is really working for me. Rachel and I still have very busy and demanding schedules but we are working through them better than ever. God has blessed me in so many ways throughout my life but giving me this wonderful gift is beyond words.

This Friday I will be traveling to see my daughter Sarah who I haven't seen in almost 15 years. I am very excited about renewing this relationship. Sarah and I have been emailing, IM'ing and talking on the phone for over a month now and she is finally ready to get together and meet face to face. I have to drive up to Traverse City after work and I will come back on Saturday afternoon. I am really looking forward to this and once again words cannot express what I feel about this opportunity that God has blessed me with.

One of the thoughts that have been going through my head lately is the quote by Jimmy Valvano some years ago. Jimmy was suffering from inoperable cancer and was literally dying when he told the audience at the ESPY awards "Don't give up, don't ever give up!" What wisdom there is in that statement. It becomes even more powerful when you add God into the picture. "All things are possible" when God is in the picture. Five years ago I was 450#, single, no children, bearly scraping by financially and wondering why God even put me on this earth. Although life isn't perfect I now weight 200# less, I have a wife, two step sons, renewing the relationship with my daughter, more financially secure and quite frankly I am genuinely happy. GIG ATT! You know what they say about when you come to the end of your rope don't you? Tie a knot and hold on for dear life! Hang in there, God is faithful and will deliver you! Be blessed beyond belief today.

10 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a little more information and some video of that Jimmy V speech.

Don't Give Up

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Thanks Russ! What an inspirational speech. B4T

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I will keep your meeting lifted up in prayer. I cannot express often enough or deeply enough how happy I am for you. God has truly blessed you, and you have been such a blessing to me. I am glad you tied the knot (both at the end of your rope, and with Rachel!)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Thomas, those Pudge withdrawls can be taken care of with a simple luch date! Let me know when you are available. But keep up those prayers about the relocation. B4T

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pudge, you're like a brother to me. Well...you ARE a brother to me. And it's me that is blessed by that. All these blessings that are coming upon you (and then some) are well deserved! You've been a blessing to so many, and in so many ways. Now it's your turn.

Love ya bro,
Bruiser

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

DEP you are so loved and blessed. You are a true testiment to what God can and will do for us, if we just go and seek Him out. Does Rachel have a Honey Do list for you yet? If not, I'll have a talk with her=))

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Trust me, she won't need your help in this area! Thanks Kelly, you and Chris have always shown me so much love. B4T

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Superman said...

Doug, I am so happy for you buddy. Doesn't being married make a lot of things easier? I found that out the day I got married. Hope all goes well in Travers.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

I love my marriage!!! I listen to my friends who are single talk about dating...yuck. Happy to be were I'm at.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B4 you know it you'll be looking at 20 years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home