Monday, February 26, 2007

WHEW! The Weekend

You know, I was thinking. Before I get started on the weekend let me wrap up some old business here. I ran two simultaneous contests at the same time (some of you will get that redundancy later) and I need to announce a winner. I am having a problem because so many of them were so stinkin' funny that I almost lost control of several bodily functions! But alas, I must declare some winner of some kind but who should that be? Well, I tell you what, I have enough love to go around so all of you who commented are winners in my book (Tom and Raivynn really had me rolling though, Jay and Jamie need to work out some deep personal issues with each other). So to honor all of the winners you are all invited to attend the Mollette/Fraley/Couture BBQ Blowout Bash immediately following the Independance Day Classic on July 4th 2007. The festivities begin around 3 p.m.

Now onto the weekend. Saturday I drove up to spend a couple of days with my daughter Sarah in Traverse City. She had suggested before that we go bowling on Saturday night so I brought my stuff. She and her friends had no clue about the butt kicking they were about to receive. But I did it with love. On Sunday after attending services at the East Bay Calvery Church, we went to lunch. This was the time that she and I really had time to sit and talk, that was wonderful! Later that afternoon she had a coral concert at her school (Northwestern Michingan University) which was wonderful. We had such a great time. But alas, I had to leave. Unfortunately it was some of the worst weather that I have driven in in quite some time. Snow, wind & sleet (as well as idiots on the road) for about the first 150 miles or so. Once I got to Zilwaukee things began to look a lot better. Overall it was a good drive just nerve racking at first.

On another note, my tests have all come back and show that right now the cancer in my eye has not spread to my liver. This confirms the preliminary results from a week earlier. It's nice to have confirmation. Also, they have scheduled my eye surgery for March 19. I will have the disk put in my eye that day and then removed on March 23. During that week I have to remain at home because I will be radioactive (nope won't be able to have xray vision, I already asked) so I have to stay away from children, people with depressed immune systems, pets and the FBI! Alright, I might not really have to stay away from the FBI because of being radioactive, but I do that as a standard practice. I am just hoping that I won't be kidnapped by terrorists and turned into a bomb! Then I would be living an episode of 24!

All kidding aside, the prognosis is excellent and God is in control. I just want to get this whole thing done and over with. There are going to be a few (and I mean very few) side effects to deal with but all of them are managable with the comparision of losing my left eye or having liver cancer! God will see to it that everything works out for His glory though. All I have to do is be obediant to My God, my doctors but especially my wife! Be blessed beyond belief today.

14 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be able to generate enough power so I can get off the grid.

Of course you wouldn't have xray vision that roll has already been taken http://superman1224.wordpress.com/

All kidding aside glad to here you had a great time with your daughter and friends and for the great news about your eye.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Raivynn said...

Great news on your eye, Doug!

Does this mean you can cook your food with your eye now? That'd be cool not having to get up and use the microwave.

I can't promise I'll come to your July 4th shindig, but raise a toast (of a burger of hotdog) on that day to all those weho are there!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come our great weekends happen when we don't see each other?

Seriously though, great news all around!! Now sell that house and move to Clinton!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here here Russ in the moving to Clinton

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

although i hate to be nice to you, like it really kills me....I'm glad to hear your going to be alright, i mean lets face it, who would i be mean to if you weren't around.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger big j said...

Side effects: Can't play ball (we already knew that). Looking old (well need I say more). Need to stay in the house (see last reason). Not being able to see doug for a week (priceless).

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Big J, you looking for me to run another contest or something? Behave yourself boy! B4T

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger big j said...

what I'm just saying.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

The way we show love is very unique isn't it? B4T

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger big j said...

yes

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The correlary to the old chestnut "If you love something, let it go; if it loves you, it will come back" is "If you love something, verbally abuse it; if it loves you, it will verbally abuse you back".

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what your telling me is that i verbally abuse doug because i love him, and vise versa? Great now i'm gonna have to be nice to him, so does that mean that i don't like him?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Angie, you are really confused right now aren't you? B4T

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't even know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home