Thursday, April 05, 2007

I Should Have Listened

You know, I was thinking. When we left the MHG story from Tuesday night I was on my way home from the Pontiac Home Depot in their rental truck with my MHG already assembled in the back. I was pretty happy at this time and just glad that I was bringing my new grillfreind (nice one Raivynn) home to meet my wife. Now, I knew that it was not going to be an easy task to get this grill off of the truck so I had a plan. I would drive into the backyard down this hill we have in order to make the distance between the back of the truck and the ground only about two feet. Now, this did work quite well to spite my wife's warning of "I don't think that's a good idea, the ground back there is pretty soft in the spring." This isn't an exact quote but is the heart of her thought. After the grill was off of the back of the truck I had to basically walk it up the hill one side at a time until I got to the driveway. Once there it was an easy roll to the back patio. I then got into the truck to back it up the hill.....................it didn't move! So, I pulled forward just a little bit to get a running start. I pulled forward only about 10 feet, put it in reverse..................it didn't move! I put it in drive to try and pull forward again................it didn't move! At this point the I determined that the truck is officially stuck! I said to Rachel "you were right, call AAA." She did and since the estimated time to get to us was over an hour away she mixed up some hamburger and we broke in the MHG.

Now, I share all of this to say this: I NEED TO LISTEN TO MY WIFE! I have known since we started dating that she is way smarter than I am and I should also have figured out that she is quite familiar with the place where she has been living all these years. But, she never rubbed it in and she never said I told you so but she did giggle just a little bit at one point. I guess I am just a blessed man who has the love of a great woman. I also have a great grill! Be blessed beyond belief today.

8 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone needs to rub it in...might as well be me. She TOLD you not to drive back there!! But did you listen? Noooooooo...you're The Pudgeman! You just think you know it all. But you didn't, did you, smart guy? Nope, should have listened to your wife. She's like way smarter than you. She TOLD YOU SO!!

There ya go, bro! Oh yeah...neener neener neener, too. :)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Yeah, bet you're glad you've never done anything stupid aren't you? :) B4T

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay i guess i'm gonna have to spend some more time with my dear aunt and teach her how to be evil. She cannot just let the opportunity get away, she really, really, really, needed to rub it in your face. She will learn.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Tonya would you please let Angie know that I am ignoring her here too! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz B4T

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Rebell aginst all that is right in the world, don't listen to your wife for she will try to lead you astray with sound reasoning and solid advice.
Have you not had any examples of I told you so to model your behavior?
You grew up in the Mollette family, surely you must have had many, many, many examples of men trying to act as if they were superior in knowledge to thier spouses and failed nobly but miserably?
I hope you learned your lesson Mister!

So how was the breaking in of said Grill?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I like the MHG! I think I've found a new love! B4T

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I should listen to my wife more, too. It would make for a lot less pain for me.
Glad your grill will be ok. Did AAA have much trouble getting it out?

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger big j said...

doo!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home