Monday, April 02, 2007

The MHG

You know, I was thinking. Well it was bound to happen and now it has, the Pudgeman has purchased a new grill! This little baby has been dubbed the MHG (medium honkin' grill)! It is not as big as the BHG that still resides at momma's house and will be used for the big three this summer. Here are the stats on the Charmglow Gourmet Series Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill:

896 square inches of cooking area
4 main burners that put out 60,000 BTU
1 searing burner that puts out 18,000 BTU
1 rotisserie burner that puts out 15,000 BTU
1 side burner that puts out 12,000 BTU
All stainless steel construction and stainless steel cooking grates
Rotisserie kit and cover included

Although I am losing about 150 square inches of cooking area, I am gaining much more in quality and efficiency. I think I will have to be careful though, if I turn everything on high all at the same time it could have serious ramifications on wind shifts and weather patterns. I searched for almost three weeks before I made my final decision and I believe that I made a good one. The second place finisher would have been the BHG II but the guy at Sears would not cut the price enough on the very last floor model that they had, so I walked! I plan on using this bad boy often and look forward to the day that both it and we are grilling at our home somewhere in Lenawee County. Be blessed beyond belief today.

9 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great News! Can't wait to initiate it!!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Whoa pastor, you getting a little too close to the flames with that one! Whew, is it warm in here or is it just the grill? B4T

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I have never known anyone and I mean anyone, who gets more excited about grills!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

But aren't you glad I do? B4T

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

yes, yes I am! Missed you yesterday, Tom called for an Amen, "all the way from Waterford..." Just thought you should know.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs a BHG when you have this! Does it have a kitchen sink? What about a hot tub?

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

No hot tub but they do make a stand alone prep sink that you can purchase. B4T

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo Shiny!

I just hope your wife doesn't get jealous of your new grillfriend. ~.^

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am planning to buy the same grill.
Mulling over a Jennair and the charmglow.
How do you like your new grill.
Any pros and cons, please?Much appreciated!

Sheri.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home