Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And The Walls Came Tumbling Down

You know, I was thinking. You ever wonder what it was like being inside the walls of Jerico as the children of Isreal were marching around on that last day? You ever stop to think of what it would have been like to just be sitting around and witness the walls falling down and seeing the children of Isreal rushing in to kill you? Have you ever been in a place where everything was just crumbling around you and to spite your best efforts there was nothing you could do to stop it?

WELCOME TO AUTOFORM!

I know that I am taking some risks by writing this type of article today because there really is no telling who might read it but I have to vent. I have been here for nearly seven years and I have seen a lot of stupid stuff happen here but lately the patients have control of the asylum! Over the past year we have lost or fired one VP, four managers, three supervisors and lost five major accounts. Our current plant manager is on medical, our QC manager just walked out last week, our HR manager left two weeks ago, our administrative assistant's last day was last Friday, we have laid off about 50% of our hourly workers, our president is clueless as to what to do next to stop the bleeding and I have surgery scheduled for next week. Other than that things are running pretty smooth around here.

Now for the positive stuff. I am reassured everyday who is really in control of things. I have a job that although at times can be difficult, still pays the bills. I go home every night and fall asleep in the arms of the most wonderful wife any man could ever ask to have. I have a great family (church and biological), fantastic friends and a brand new great niece. Over all life is good!

So why do I share this stuff today. First of all I needed to vent and that is a healthy thing to do. Secondly, my job is not my life. There are things that are a much higher priority for me. God loves me no matter what is happening around me. He is where I find my peace, my security and my hope. I might not have a company to come back to after I recover from my surgery but I will always have God controling things in the world that I live in. That's enough for me. Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Many people let their jobs control their lives. Work to live, live to work. Or is it the other way around? I dunno. But I know that you have a great perspective and you ARE loved no matter what. He has assured us of that.

Peace

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've failed you as the blogfather. I'm really going to have to get that Blog Etiquette post done quickly!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Russel, HUH? Whatchutalkinboutwillis?
B4T

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Raivynn said...

One door closes only to have another door open.

The trick is to be able to notice the open doors, and move fast enough to slip through them.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hakuna Matata

"no worries",

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Thanks buddy, I needed that reminder today too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home