Thursday, March 22, 2007

P.O.D.

You know, I was thinking. Alright yesterday I was having a little pitty party because of a little case of post operative depression. Now, since I do have a counseling minor I am very qualified to do some self evaluation and make this determination! Well, would you at least believe it to be a good guess? Anyway I wasn't feeling well physically yesterday which appears to be directly related to not eating properly since my surgery. I was weak, tired and had a slight fever. Last night I had a high protein meal at dinner time and by 8:00 felt 100% better.

This brings me to my point today. It is really easy to allow yourself to get down from time to time. This is nothing to be ashamed of but we should admit our humanity and realize that we all have times when we are down. I was focused on not being able to be close to those that I love instead of rejoicing that it wasn't 20 years ago where the only treatment for this type of cancer was to remove the eye. I am just thrilled to still have two! In about 26 hours I leave the house to go back and have this disc removed, after that I won't need to avoid people anymore.

That brings me to another point! Who are you close to in your life? If you had to live for a few days without physical contact with people would it affect you life? If not then why not? We are creatures that need to be loved, appreciated and held by others. It should be our nature. Now, granted some of us are much more physical than others in our relationships but we all need to be needed on some level. Anyway, the words are all running together on the screen right now and I am having to re-type way too many lines. Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I am currently listening to Radioactive by The Firm in your honor—Listen Here)

I can remember clearly a few years ago I went to Chicago for some training for work. I had to be there 3 days and I had this big hotel room all to myself. Livingroom, Kitchen, Fireplace. I could eat anywhere I wanted, go anywhere I wanted after class at 4pm.

But for the life of me I couldn't wait to get home to my family.

I understand you completely!!

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working Link Here

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few years back I had to go to Chicago for training for two weeks. Although my aunt (who I love dearly) was right down the road, and I got to see her every day for dinner, I still longed for the comfort of home and the loving touch of my wife. Yes, my wife has a loving touch. :)

Get well bro. We love you bunches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home