Monday, May 14, 2007

I've Decided To Take Up Smoking

You know, I was thinking. For quite some time now I have been considering whether or not I should take up smoking! Over the weekend I finally made the decision that this is what I should do! You know, I see people smoking all over the TV on different shows and it looks really cool. I was just picturing myself sitting on the back patio smoking and Rachel agreed that it would be a great idea. So I went to The Home Depot in Pontiac on Saturday afternoon and picked up the cast iron smoke box and some mesquite wood chips (now if you were thinking I was referring to cigarette.................GOTCHA). That night I put a half pork loin in some marinade and then on Sunday afternoon the festivities began. Rotissarie, smoked marinaded pork loin with a galic herb and onion rub! You know, I have created some tasty dishes before but this one has to go near the very top of the list. It took about 2-1/2 hours to cook but it was worth the wait. Combine that with a fresh fruit salad, sauteed asparagus and corn on the cob and you have the perfect Mothers Day meal! At least that was the sentiment of my wife and mother-in-law! So, if you are looking for something fun to do and are interested in being one of the "in crowd" then I would suggest that you take up smoking too! Be blessed beyond belief today.

17 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Raivynn said...

Hehe Cute post. You didn't get me, 'cuz I knew there was a trick in there somewhere, but it was cute.

I liked smoked food, especially smoked fish of most kinds. Unfortunately, a chemical in the smoked end-product causes my mother to become ill. So, I do not often get to eat real, good smoked foods. As even the smell of it tends to set her off. *sigh*

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoke em if you got em! I tried to smoke a fish once. I got it lit but it drew really hard!

Say, where did you get your galic herb rub?

IDYBT IMBO!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Raivynn, soon I am going to try fish and will let you know how it goes.
Jimmy, I used McKormick(sp?) galic herb rub, Mrs. Dash dried onion salt free spice and Lowrey's season salt. Hope that helps. B4T

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoking will kill ya. :)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

But at least with this kind you cut the fat way down and it doesn't kill you nearly as fast! And when you go you go with a smile!! B4T

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of taking up smoking myself (thanks to Doc). How about we smoke some on Memorial Day?

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

No can do Puppy. The equipment for smoking is in Waterford and BBQ Blowout Bash is in Milan! Gonna have to head north in order to smoke with me. B4T

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? No STS? (smoker transport system)

Shame shame shame shame on you!

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we could have a smoke on Memorial Day. We did last year on one of those Holiday Outings. Let me check and see...

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you are only going to Lone Star for Granny! I see how you are now that you are married. Forget everyone else. Not that I care I hate smoked anything. Love me

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey, Granny prefers lonestar over the smoked pork! I know what my momma wants and I do my best to give it to her. Besides I don't see anyone beating down my door to visit! B4T

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't visit cause i haven't been invited.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Don't start that again! We've already been down that road. B4T

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah but i had to throw it back up. hahahahaha.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have checked with Doc and indeed we will have smoked something on Memorial Day! Doc Flue will host another prayer breakfast before golf on Memorial Day at 6:45 am! RSVP Required to Doc Flue via phone or to me via email!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any left overs?

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooopps sorry, I left teh left over post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home