Thursday, June 16, 2005

Intergalactic Stellar Phenomenon

You know, I was thinking. When God told Abraham that his decendants would be as numerous as the stars I wonder if he really understood how big a number that is. Here he was an aging man with an aging wife being told he was going to be a great patriarch. It would have absolutely blown his mind to have even tried to anticipate how numerous his decendants would be.
When Paul writes in Phil 4:13 - "I can do ALL things through Him who give me strength", I wonder if we really can fathom the word all. Most of you know that I have been traveling through a valley lately. Things are looking up and I am just plain feeling better about a lot of different things. I forgot this passage through this time. By forgot I don't mean that I didn't remember that it was in the Bible, I just forgot to apply it to the situation that I was in. You see God wants us to rely on Him! He wants us to seek him at all times and in all things. On the way home from men's group last night I realized that through this whole thing I had been sharing my struggles with just about everybody............except God. So, I turned off the radio and began to sing and to pray. It is amazing what can happen when we take the time to actually seek God. For me personally, I think that is why I spend so much time in the valley, I lose sight of what is important. Go out and do something bold in the name of the Father today. Be blessed today.

4 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Russell said...

I thought that I was all alone,
broken and afraid,
but you were there with me,
you were there with me.
And I didn't even know
I had lost my way,
but you were there with me,
yes, you were there with me.
Till you opened up my eyes I never knew,
that I couldn't ever make it without you.

Chorus:
Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard.
Well the one who's gone before me,
He will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley
to stand upon the Mountain of God.

As I travel on the road,
you have led me down,
you are here with me,
yes, you are here with me.
And I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
that you are here with me,
yes, you are here with me.
I confess from time to time I lose my way,
but you were always there to bring me back again.

Chorus:
Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard.
Well the one who's gone before me,
He will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley
to stand upon the Mountain of God.

Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from,
And the things I've left behind.
Well, of all I've had,
what I posess,
they can't quite compare,
with what's in front of me,
with what's in front of me.

Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard,
well, the one who's gone before me,
he will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley,
to stand upon the mountain. . .
well, I must go through the valley,
to stand upton the mountain. . .
yes, I must go through the valley,
to stand upon the mountain of God.


-Mac Powell

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Love the words, would love to hear the song. What happened to your keep it short rule. Don't you carry that over to other blogs? BBT

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I don't think we would appreciate the mountain tops so much, if we didn't spend time in the valleys. But I think if we pulled our heads out of the proverbial sand, the valley wouldn't be so deep and long.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I also was thinking about mountain tops and valleys. While we are on the mountain top we generally see the grandeur picture, the awesome handiwork of the master craftsman. But we also need to go into the valley. In the valley we can get closer to the masters work. We can enjoy the fragrance of the flowers, the chirps of the birds and the rustling of the wind through the leaves.

I am reminded of the story ablut two artists who were given the task of painting a scene that represents, peace. Bothe artists had to venture through the mountain tops and through te=he valleys. the first artist located a spot and procedded to paint teh scene. likewise the second artist also found the perfect spot that represents, peace. Bothe artists traversed back to where they had started and waited for the time to unvail their masterpiece.
Unvailing the first revealed a perfectly still lake, reflecting the birds in flight and the shoreline. Hence, peace equals calm waters.
Next came the unvailing of the second masterpiece, revealed an eagle's nest upon the rocks located in the middle of a river below a turbulent waterfall. Hence, peace can be found in the middle of tribulation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home