Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Rainbow Connection

You know, I was thinking. I had a pretty bad attitude yesterday. There have been a lot of pressures on me at work and then receiving the news about the passing of a dear brother in the Lord had put me in a very dark place. This is a part of life though and we all have certain burdens to bear. I am blessed to have a physical and spiritual family (many fall into both catagories) who love me through the good times as well as the bad. Although things are tough right now I do know that God is still in control and that HE still loves me no matter what.
On my way into work this morning as I was merging onto I-94 west from US 23 north I saw the sign that I was looking for. There it was as bright and beautiful as anything I have ever seen or probably will ever see. A rainbow! You know that colorful beam of light that is created when sunlight is refracted through drops of rain, a rainbow. I immediately thought of God's promise to Noah that He would never destroy the earth by water again. I also thought about how God has kept that promise all these centuries and how God will keep all his promises. I then thought of Is. 40:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint". This is one of my favorite verses of scripture in all the Bible. God's promise here is of restoration. He will pick us up, dust us off and get us back into the game of life more fervant than ever before. God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams and I need to go around acting like it because believe it. Be blessed today.

5 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger big j said...

where is it. it's just a title. :-}

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

???????????????????????????

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger big j said...

some day your find it. the rainbow connection. the lover, the dreamer, and you. it's nothing like mine.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

easy kermit

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

And, on the serious side of things...
Doug, isn't wonderful when a sign like that appears? It just adds to my personal proof that there is a God in heaven who will deliver support to me when I most need it! 1 Cor 10:13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home