Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday Feast - An Ode To Love

You know, I was thinking. I had to be to work this morning at 6:30 to deal with a customer issue. Now, that's not too early seeing that the first shift plant workers have to be here by 5 a.m. So I feel blessed with that. I have dealt with the customer (for now, some follow up later) and find myself listening to praise and worship music, finishing my McDonald's "big breakfast" and large coffee, and pining to blog... so here I am. I have been hit between the eyes lately with numerous acts of love being showered on me. I have not always held to Christian priciples and diciplines in my life, but I have allowed the world to enter into different aspects of it. Many times I have said "I know what God wants me to do, but I just don't want to do it that way". Each time I acted on that thought, it ended up in disaster. Now, things are heading down the right path in my life and I find myself with great peace and happiness because of a simple thing called love. Without getting real sappy or anything like that here are my top four reasons to love today:

#4 - Love feels good - We are after all talking about a very positive emotion here. I am not talking about "I love bacon" or "I love hot dogs" (although I do), but rather talking about how "I love my family" or "I love this person" type of love. It's just nice to feel good.

#3 - Love gets things done - If you want to get a job done, fall in love with it. There are certain things that I enjoy doing and certain things that I don't enjoy doing. When I get to those things that I don't enjoy doing, I try to find the good in it. Once I do that, I will concentrate on that instead of what I don't like about it. This also works the same with people. Some are easier to love than others. I find it very easy to love people who are real and true to who they are.

#2 - Love changes people - Are you having a tough time with somebody at work? Tell them you love them! I know this is radical, but if you do it a few times it becomes easier. I have a group of folks that I have had struggles with here at work so I started telling them how much I appreciated them. After awhile, saying I love you was just a natural progression. I am amazed at where these work relationships have gone now. People will change because you show love to them.

#1 - God loved us first - If love was good enough for God to do all that he has done for me, then love had better be good enough for me. God's love is perfect and doesn't have limitations, my love is imperfect but improving. God's love is sacrificial and doesn't have conditions, my love is sometimes prideful and can be threatened by my own selfishness. God' s love has no end, my love will last only as long as I allow it to last. God is love, the Pudgeman is not, but I'm working on it!

BE BLESSED TODAY! I LOVE YOU!

4 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger big j said...

Great post dep - I love you. :->

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Russell said...

ah, shucks! I LOVE you too dougly!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Back atcha big j, nice touch Russ! BBT

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

yep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home