Tuesday, August 09, 2005

And Now The End Times

You know, I was thinking. Today is Number One's 40th birthday. Yes I was an uncle at the ripe old age of 2 1/2 years old. When your oldest brother (who just turned 60) is nearly 18 years older than you are it makes for an interesting family. I am the youngest of five children and as Bill Cosby would say it is because my parents did not want six! I did not have a problem on my 40th birthday but #1's has given me a reason to reflect. He of course is the oldest of all of my nieces and nephews and the youngest is two! I have a great nephew who will be 19 soon and the youngest of the greats (Skylar) will be turning four this year! Crazy huh? You know what, I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I love being Uncle Dougie! It's one of the greatest jobs that I have ever had. I am so blessed with family that I can't even begin to express the joy that they bring me!
Thank God for all that you have today. Take a moment and let someone (or several someones) in your family know how much you love and appreciate them. Be a blessing to someone today and you will recieve numerous blessings in return. Be blessed today.

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I love Bill Cosby. I wemember hearing him mention that statement you mentioned.

Oh yeah, you forgot to say...Send this blog to every one in your blogging buddies and then you will be blessed.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Or better yet Kodiak, "if you don't send this article to at least ten of your blogging buddies in the next 2 hours something bad will happen to you"! It never ceases to amaze me as to what motivates people. BBT

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger big j said...

Hey dep just wait till I turn 40 just 9 more years (OH MAN) I'm old. :->

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Big J, Please don't take me down that road just yet! That puts me at another decade! Remember that no matter how old you are, I'm still ahead of you! BBT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home