Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Nobody Told Me There'd Be Days Like These

You know, I was thinking. I ain't wrapped too tight! We are having quite an interesting time at the plant where I work. We are short handed and just brought in a bunch of new work. I was here until after 6 p.m. last night and was back here at 6 a.m. because of situations that I have to deal with personally. I will probably be here until 9 or 10 tonight because of doing inventory! That means that I will be missing the Tuesday night round table fellowship and Wednesday is being threatened as I type! Oh, did I mention that I am a salaried worker who is not eligible for overtime? But, God is good all the time! I am employed. I am not concerned about whether or not my employer will still be in business next week. I am setting here after about three phone calls about a shipment that still isn't here, drinking my coffee, listening to some worship music and writing a blog post. Life ain't so bad. I have a job that isn't perfect but is one that I believe God is using me to do His will. I am constantly reminded of what things could be like for me without the Father being the central figure in my life. If I may Pudgify (new word) one of my favorite scriptures from the apostle Paul...I know what it is like to be swamped in my career and to be unemployed. I have had times of great personal successes and huge failures. I have learned the secret to life whether I am finacially flush or flat broke. Whether I am able to fill 'er up or I am rolling pennies for gas. The secret of happiness is not having confidence and security in my employment, but knowing and understanding that I can do ALL things through Christ who always has, is now and always will give me my strength. I love the Lord and even though life can seem to go in a thousand different directions all at the same time, God is still very much in control. Thank you Jesus! Be blessed today.

12 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

One of the blessings of being able to take vacation, come back to a heavy workload. God is in control. God bless you today.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

thanks for the uplifting words today...I am on trying to find how tight to tighten the brake caliper bolts on the van, brakes went out yesterday. GIG ATT.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

One piece of advise on those caliper bolts, tighten them tight enough so that they won't come loose, but not so tight that you strip the treads or break the bolts! BBT

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger wowgirl said...

yeah..but they charge you 7 cents per dollar...

and Doug...once again...an inspired message, Thank you.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

30 ft-lbs...found it.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger big j said...

you people. I don't know about. Good message. But just think of this saturday ah. :->

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discovery astronauts complete second spacewalk
Two Discovery shuttle astronauts successfully completed their second spacewalk in which they replaced one of the four gyroscopes on the International Space Station Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi and American ...
Willie
best hair color

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Doug, what an awesome message. You have a great attitude. God will take care of you and the rest of us. GIG, ATT, GIG

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Oh, by the way Sam, did you visit Mustard Seed on yoour "test drive"??=))))

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Russell said...

I Pudge 3:28-34

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

thought about it but, no. Was strictly a business trip.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Are you allowed to use made up words on your blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home