Monday, August 01, 2005

A Weekend Of B & B

You know, I was thinking. I have never had quite a weekend like this past one. I had blessing on top of blessing on top of blessing.... Yet, evertime I turned around there was a battle staring me in the face. I have been delivered from my gambling addiction for over a year now and yet this weekend I was more tempted to do the wrong thing than I have been in quite awhile. Fortunately God has given me the strength and wisdom to set up certain "road blocks" along the way to make it possible for me to stay clean. It didn't even get to the point of have to start making phone calls, but the challenge was on me all weekend long even up through yesterday afternoon. I have always had access to such deliverence but I have not always chose to be delivered. Today I feel really good about the choices that I have made, but feel a little wiped out because of all of the challenges. I have good people around me who truly love and appreciate me and that in and of itself gets me through. But more than anything else it is those times of prayer. I spend a weekend crying to, yelling at and pleading with God! Guess what, he delivered me. You see instead of focusing in on what was wrong, I decided to focus in on God. He is big enough to handle all of my doubt, anger, stupidity, emotions and wrecklessness. He can then turn that around into something good. Don't quite know how HE will use this one but I know HE will! What's been eating at you that you just need to give over to the Father? Be bleseed today.

5 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Praise God for his faithfullness. We are like dogs returning to its vomit to lap it up, yuk. It amazes me that when we rely on God to give us strength, He freely gives it. But we must be willing to yeild ourselves, get rid of the pride and take on humlity. I have had to reduce our satillite programing because on some channels the movies were to tempting. We lost seveal great channels like Discovery Kids, Speed, OLN and DIY channels. I had to count the cost of loosing some of our favorite channels verses the constant temptation and lure of inappropiate movies. I wish there was a way to git rid of those nasty commercials you can't find the remote quick enough for!!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger big j said...

cool man. :->

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Praise God!!!!! He is there, ready and willing. You just have to give it up to HIM. I have used this theory a few times lately myself.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

call me Jim, but...
"God is bigger than the boogey man,
He's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on TV.
Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man.
And He's watching out for you and me."

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Tortikat said...

Doug,
When God is with you you can defeat anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home