Thursday, August 25, 2005

Why Me Lord

You know, I was thinking. Back in the 70's (Russ that was the decade when all the good music was written) Kris Kristoferson wrote a song named why me Lord. The first verse of that song started "Why me Lord, what have I ever done to derserve even one of these blessings I know". This decribes my mood today. I do not know why the creator of the universe has selected me to be so incredibly blessed! Me, a person who at every possible opportunity has done his ever loving best to screw up his life! Me, a person so self centered and egotistical that I sometimes cannot see the forest for the tree! Me, a man who struggles on a daily basis with the flesh! Me, Doug Mollette! GOD LOVES ME! I don't understand it, I just accept it! The blessings that I am talking about are not anything tangible. I have a family both physically and in Christ whom I truly love and who truly love me. I am blessed beyond belief!
Right now there have been many people that have been brought to my attention who are hurting, struggling or being tempted. I feel so helpless sometimes to do anything that could help. As a guy it is in my nature to see a problem and want to fix it. There are somethings (well alright many things) that I just cannot fix. It is at that time that I have no choice but to let go and let God! This is sometimes very difficult, but it is the right thing to do. This doesn't imply that I sit back in the easy chair and wait for the Lord to work his majic. It means that I am actively asking, seeking and knocking (thanks for that last night Jim).
I guess what I am trying to get at this morning is that if God can use a person that has messed up so many times in his life that it can't be counted, then God can use anyone. Specifically God can use you! Just let him! Be blessed today.

5 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Bring it Doug!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

That's why you're my wingman brother. BBT

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

he used you right this evening again, thanks so much, it meant a lot to wow and I to have you come and pray over us.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

btw, your BBT saying....

I am blessed today because of and through you. I know that God is the giver of the blessing, but you are the vessel in which the blessing was delivered today. thank you is not enough. But it will have to suffice until i catch up w/ you again, and give a BBH

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Sammy, no need to praise the hammer just because it is letting the master carpenter swing it. Give all of the praise and honor to the Master Carpenter! BBT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home