Monday, August 22, 2005

You Don't Have To Be Crazy...

You know, I was thinking. I'm sure you have heard the saying "you don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps". The same thing can be used for family, groups or even churches! I believe that way about NewSong! Now, before you organize a lynch mob hear me out. When I talk about being crazy in the context above, what I mean is that you don't take YOURSELF too seriously. You can laugh at your errors, forgive those who have wronged you and allow yourself to be lead by those who are leading you with all of your trust. By the worlds standards, that's just crazy. We need to forgive ourselves when we goof up (nice sermon by Tom yesterday), we need to love and forgive unconditionally, and we need to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit at all times. As Tom said so well yesterday, "God can even use a cracked pot" for his glory. Challenge yourself today to step out and do something a little crazy in the name of Jesus today. Be blessed today.

8 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Like the guy said at the concert I went to last week, "God used a donkey quite effectively for His purposes, so don't think to highly of youself when He uses you!" =) Everything is at his disposal. Even us crack(ed) pots!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

definitely.
Thanks for your help yesterday!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

You know Doug....I did just that today. I went down to Lifeways Christian book store with all four kiddies, and Laura W. and two of her munchkins. Whoa...flying Bob the Tomatoe, Larry the Cucumber and Lara Carrot (they were extremely large oversized stuffed animals). My mission was to get something nice for Chris. Mission accomplished...IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Russ, are you a crack pot or a cracked pot....your words confuse me=)))).

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

or a crack pipe

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Russell said...

Most times refered to as crack pot, but we'll go with the nicer term cracked pot! =)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger loved truly said...

Your church sounds amazing, almost makes me want to move to Michigan. I am always amazed the diversity in people who listen and do the will of God. I love the "cracked pot" analogy :) I know I've been cracked (broken) and fixed more than once.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Your all a bunch of crazy's; that must be why I fit in so well. You know crazy's of a feather...er ah, that's supposed to be birds. Well, it still fits. Like the song goes "Crazy, crazy for you."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home