Monday, September 12, 2005

Now What?

You know, I was thinking. The NewSong concert and celebration is this Sunday afternoon. We are expecting a lot of folks from our community to come out and join us and the worship band in a great celebration. Then what? Where do we go from there? I know that a number of NewSong members read this blog so what are YOUR plans to follow up this big events. What do YOU think that YOU should do to help bring our community to Jesus? What ministry do you think that God has called YOU into? If you are having a tough time answering these questions then it's probably because you haven't put much thought into them! I am not trying to be judgemental, just real. I know that I stand convicted of not doing enough for the cause of Christ and I desire to change that. I am looking for an opportunity on Sunday to meet new people and hopefully have an chance to introduce them to Jesus through this event. Be in prayer about how God wants to use you to further HIS kingdom. Be blessed beyond belief today!

6 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I will be in prayer for this event! I can't be there because of work, but i will being considering the ministry question.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Russell said...

I'm looking for that one perfect ministry to plop myself into. I'd like to put most of my energys into one thing instead of the 32 things I currently have going. You know, the jack of all trades, master of none thing...

I will tell you I wish this "new church" thing didn't have to go away eventually. It is so extremely easy to drop into a conversation. Once the newness wears off I'm going to have to restructure my gameplan! However we make it harder than it should be, our product (Jesus) sells itself. I guess it's just trying to convince Tecumseh Tim to try it for the first time...

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

what about Clinton Clayton?

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

And DEP...ya got me thinkin...hmmm...perhaps we should choose roles for others...who will assign??

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Well I can tell you exactly where I am going after the concert. I am going to my house and have ice cream. What do I do to bring this community to Jesus? Woefully not enough. I am sadly lacking and often overwhelmed by my inability to witness Jesus Christ crucified and it is only through Him that I can do the insignificant things in my daily life to worship Him. But I try to look at each new person I meet as a chance to reach one more for Jesus. I try to set an example and live my life today in such a way that perhaps someone will ask me "just what is it about you?". I remain a prisoner of Hope that I will be prepared when God sends someone my way.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Well put Jimmy! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home