Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Truth

You know, I was thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that there is absolute truth in the world today. The law of gravity is an absolute truth. The fact that humans need air to live is an absolute truth. The fact that God loves me unconditionally is an absolute truth. But what I have discovered lately is that in some cases there is absolute truth, and then there is my perception of that truth. For instance I believe that God leads his people by the power of the Holy Spirit, but then I dissagree with the way some will interpret that lead. I question the way that I interpret the leading of the Spirit sometimes, but I do the best I can with what I have and what I know.
I think it comes down to this. We are emotional creatures and we sometime mix a little too much "me" into the picture. For instance, when someone I love does something that I think is a mistake but they believe they are following God's lead. I allow my feelings to determine what I think God is saying. Because I love someone doesn't always mean that I know what is right for them. I have to trust in their ability to follow the leading of the Spirit and allow them to make mistakes (like I have done) if they are wrong. Either way, if there eyes and my eyes are both fixed on Jesus, then things will work out just fine.
So let me bottom line all this mixed up thought today. God is absolute truth! God will lead a willing heart wherever HE wants them to go! We as humans will allow ourselves to get in the way from time to time which can and has put great strains on relationships! I need to love as unconditionally as I can regardless of how others interpret the leading of God's Spirit, and it doesn't matter who is right as long as we are all open! Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Wonderfully stated! It's not about ME!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I know where you are going with this, and I am glad you are finding peace! Everything will work out, even if I do mistake my will for God's sometimes. My heart being willing to serve Him is what will allow Him to work things out for Good.
b4t yourself!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Well put DEP and SIS.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

one of my favorite prayers of all time is just 2 words..."Lead Me."

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger loved truly said...

God is good, even when we stumble, he can catch two at once.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

praying for you and sis on your trip today, and for matthew and mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home