Monday, April 10, 2006

The Gospel According To............................Pudge?

You know, I was thinking. Saturday evening ONOM came over with his family. He and I were raking up hickory nut, starting fires and terrorizing children (it's what we do)! In the midst of this whole evening of fun and fellowship, ONOM asked me what I thought about the latest incredible finding.....................The Gospel Of Judas. Well, we discussed all of the merits of the case (took about 5 minutes) and then ONOM pipes in with. "You know one of these days there is going to be this great computer meltdown. Somebody a couple hundred years from now will find this old hard drive and uncover your (referring to me) blog! They will then realize that they have found the lost Gospel Of Pudge"! Now, if that don't scare you, nothing will. I love writing things about how God has blessed my life and the people that I love and admire. I enjoying hearing all of the comments and thoughts of all of you loyal readers. I even like the copy and paste comments that are pertinant and add merit to what I have written. But let me splane something to all of you. Weigh everything that I write against scripture! I am just a man who has been blessed beyond belief by the almighty in many aspects of my life. An inspired writer, NO! I know that God has used some of these thoughts to bless others (as I have been blessed by other's writings) but never take anything you read at face value. If you find even a hint of scriptural impropriety, call me on the carpet with it. Just like with anything else that you might read from Reverend X, Pastor Y or Dr. Z! If it goes against anything that is scripturally based, then do not pattern your life after it. God has blessed many people through writings that started with Martin Luther and have come all the way to Rick Warren. But again, mere humans with unique gifts that can point you to the Father.
Bottom line this for you here. There has not, is not and will not be a Gospel According To Pudge. God is in control and if you receive a blessing in anyway from what you may read in something I publish, then thank Him for it! "Love the Lord you God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength...and love your neighbor as yourself...." Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, James and John???Reverend X, Pastor Y and Doctor Z, PHD??Where does his Pudgeness fit into this linear equation?? Great writing and wisdom speaks for itself, it need no introduction!!Be Blessed above and beyond all measure!!!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Jim, John, Write Reverand Jones and company. B4T

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Comment.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Too funny but I mentioned something similar on my page today. God is in control if he wanted that "gospel" to be in the bible he would have made sure to have put it there. But it is another great way to have discussions with others that may not know anything about the bible. have an awesome week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home