Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jesus Take The Wheel?

You know, I was thinking. Carrie Underwood has put out a wonderful song that has now hit the big time by becoming the title of a DEP blog! The idea in this piece of literary genius is that there are times that things are so out of control that you have no choice but to turn them over to Jesus! I agree with the idea that when we are out of control that our first inclination is something to the effect "Lord, I can't do it anymore so please take over"! The question that the song doesn't answer is "why was I driving in the first place"? For some stupid reason, we (I) have the tendency to want to take charge of our (my) own life. As if by some miracle, I have been given enough insight to do this properly. I spent about 12 years on and off driving trucks. I know what it is like to have control of a large vehicle in some very bad situations. I have always felt more securr as a driver than I have as a passenger. Even when I had a great deal of trust in another persons ability to operate whatever vehicle in which I was traveling. It is human nature to want to have control!
So why don't we (I) learn to give up control and allow God take over our lives. I believe that in most cases that IS my personal motivation. It is really what I want to do. I want a life that is controled by the creator of the universe. I can say with all honesty that I trust Him completely and I know that He has the ability to lead me in the direction that I need to go. My personal problem is that I don't always have enough patience to LISTEN! I tend to spend more time talking to God making sure that He completely understands my situation and has all the necessary data gathered in order to make an informed decision on how my life should go! You know, that looks even dumber typed out than it sounded in my head! That is some of the most illogical logic that I have ever tried to convice myself is true. I have found that my sharing my thoughts in this manner to God serves more as a way for me to sort through my feelings instead of seeking the Father's guidance. God is gracious and allows me to do this (often) and still has the patience to lead me "beside the still waters"! I absolutely need to listen more, trust more, discern more and love more! Fortunately for me, God is able to work with what I give him and turns it into something very good. Jesus, don't just take the wheel in my life, but keep it! Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey Hawkman! Love all of the scriptures and other things that you have shared lately (especially this one). I would love to see you impart some Pastorial wisdom once in awhile as well. Pretty selfish of me, but I like to here what YOU think too! B4T

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger ryan said...

be nice doug or he'll make sitin the corner on sunday

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger ryan said...

tom i was told once that is this book that could help you out

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I like to cut and paste too, particularily when somebody esle has already written something that expresses how I feel better than I can express it myself. I reckon if you have to copy something, some books are indeed better than other. As far as memorization goes.. ummm HUH??

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I first heard the song a couple of weeks ago and it was on a christian radio station like klove. Next time I heard it was in the Citgo station here in town. I was buying some ice and a pop (soda) for a meal. I heard the song and asked the young lady behind the counter if she had heard the song and what station it was on. She looked at me as if I had just stepped of the time-space continuum and said it was #3 on the top 40 county hits and the singer was the winner of the Idol show last year!! I was flabergasted and praised HIM that this song had to be reaching millions of people on country stations all over the world!!! I cried right there when I heard it was on 102.9!!So Praise HIM!!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

for a recent pic of Carrie, click here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home