Monday, May 15, 2006

Customer Service

You know, I was thinking. Spending the day at Cedar Point on Saturday was a great time. To spite some intermittent rain showers we had a wonderful time. Most of the rides were open long enough to get some good coaster action in, but we did just miss out on the Millenium! It has been about 17 years since I have been to the park so this was an awesome trip for me. The fact that we took a bus down and I had to do zero driving was another bonus. Rachel (who doesn't usually ride coasters) braved it out on several rides that she had never tried before. I am not sure how much you get out of a great ride with your eyes closed that tightly but she said she really liked them once they got going.
If I were to make one criticism about the park on Saturday it would be that there seems to be a need for some customer service training amoung the park employees, especially in the consession booths. I try to be pretty easy going about things but there seems to be something that bothers me when I am ready and willing to spend some money on something to eat or drink and have to actually get someone's attention to allow me to do that. A greeting and a friendly smile would really go a long way to motivating me to pull out my wallet. But that's just me I guess. I would recommend that all of those wonderfully energetic college age employees get a little more training in this area.
But that makes me also think about how we are presenting the Gospel to the lost of the world. I believe (speaking personally here) that there are a number of times that the lost of this world come to us ready to receive something and we treat them like they are a bother or that we would rather do something else then to share with them the Good News of Jesus! Are we actively greating people with a smile and saying "how may I serve you today"? Are we ready, willing and able to provide for someones spiritual needs at the drop of a hat? Do we send people away thinking "man I don't know why it has to be so hard to find out what I need"? Or do we make sure that people get what the came for? I guess it's just all about perspective and meeting or exceeding expectations. Remember that Jesus came here to serve, that needs to be our mind set as well. Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I too have noticed a marked decrease in quality of customer service. I hope that our service side as Christians is not slipping. I will have to increase my vigilance.
Missed you yesterday.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Closing your eyes allows you to pretend that you are not actually 200 feet in the air. Regarding Christian customer service: how often do we forget that it's not about us. Mea culpa.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Why you want to be anonymous? I know who you are! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home