Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

You know, I was thinking. In Romans 8:28 the Apostle Paul writes: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose". That verse preaches so well! It is so easy to believe this when all things are going well in life and when we see and feel the presence of the Holy Spirit so strong that we think we're going to bust! But what about when things in our lives are being challenged? How abuot when we feel as dry as a desert? How do we feel on those days that it seems like everything is going wrong? Do we still have the same faith and confidence in God? Do we still have that little pep in our step and proclaim with a loud voice "God is good, all the time"? Now I am not suggesting that we pretend that nothing is wrong when things are rough, but I am saying that walking by faith means that we trust God regardless! That we have confidence in Him no matter what outside forces that are coming against us do.
Most of you who read this blog know about the struggles that I was going through a couple of months ago. Most everthing in my life felt like it was crashing in on me. I had several tense moments in prayer with the Father! I shared with Him exactly how I felt. I shared with some very close brothers the struggles that I was enduring. While I was still deep in that valley I began to see and feel God again! My life has been an amazing journey over the years and I am sure it will continue to be just that.............AMAZING in the years to come. There are always going to be ups and downs but God remains constant. His love, His forgiveness, His blessings and His salvation are always there no matter what I feel inside! May God bless you beyond belief today.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

See, i take another view of that verse. It brings me comfort in my darkest times. I know that even "bad" things work together for good for me because I love God and am called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28, you know, is one of my favorite verses, and it became my mantra last fall when my world seemed to be falling apart at the seams. I knew and took comfort in the fact that God was using those struggles to build me, test me in the fire, using bad for good! I got a little singed in the fire, and felt beat down. I probably would have fallen had it not been for my brothers and sisters in Christ who kept lifting me up. So Romans 8:28 is a verse of comfort in dark times, and a reminder of God's glory when I'm on the mountaintop, IMHO

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

So frequently has Romans 8:28 been quoted, referred to etc that it drives me right into the two verses that precede it.. I just praise Him for our weakness and thorns..26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
also from 2 Co 12...7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home