Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The First Rachel Wednesday

You know, I was thinking. Most of you who know me are aware that there is somebody that has come into my life recently. Rachel and I met about 2 1/2 months ago after being introduced to each other on eharmony.com. The two of us have had a very interesting journey so far. We believe that we have seen God's hand in our relationship and as that continues to grow, we are hoping to see the leading of the Lord even stronger. Because Rachel has become such an important part of my life right now, I thought that I would give all of you a little insight about this woman. So today I will begin part 1 in an open ended series of posts concerning Ms. Rachel!
Rachel and I began corresponding sometime in early February of this year. If any of you have ever experienced what it is like meeting through a dating website, you will understand how absolutely mind boggling it can become. Each person is given a questionaire with about 500,000 questions on it that have to be answered. A personality profile is then produced that gives some insight about you, and a summary of that is placed on your introductory page. Each person has the option of whether or not to put their picture(s) on the page as well. By the way I had four, she had only one! After reading the person's profile summary, you then decide if you want to find out more about this person or not. After reading about Rachel, I saw that God was a very important part of her life and decided that I wanted to find out more. Without going into great detail, there are then about four steps where both people have to ask and answer questions. Either one can stop the communication at any point for any reason what so ever. Well, long story short, Rachel and I reached the point that is known as open communication. Open communication is where you use the website to talk about yourself and to ask and answer any questions that you like. It's very similar to sending and receiving regular emails but you don't have to divulge any type of personal information (like your email address or phone number) unless you wish to do so.
On or about February 23 I asked Rachel if she would like to meet for coffee, she responded favorably to this proposition! So, the date was set. Tuesday February 28, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. Rachel and I were scheduled to meet at a Starbuck's on Telegraph road near I-696! You see, Rachel lives in Waterford so that was a pretty good half way point. Just a side note here, this was also the day that my great niece Emily was taken to the hospital because she had swallowed a barette! This played a key part when I received a cell call half way through our date. We weren't even 15 minutes into our first meeting and I had decided that I was going to ask this woman out. After about an another hour we both needed to get going, so I asked "would you like to go out sometime"? She responded favorably to this proposition as well. So it was set, dinner and a movie for Saturday March 4, 2006 at 6 p.m. at the Red Lobster near the Twelve Oaks Mall.
That's enough for now, besides I don't want to make this too long. Next week I will share with you some more about this facinating woman. Be blessed beyond belief today.

8 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm suddenly looking forward to Wednesdays!

On a side note, many people look hesitantly on the online dating services. Myself and yourself probably included (pre-Rachel), but you know, after watching the process through you and understanding what's involved, I know have a greater respect for it's purpose and effectiveness. I'm glad you let the spirit guide you into that one!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Thanks LBOM! I know that all of those services out there are not created equally so I would give this some advice to people. First of all preceed everything with prayer and secondly, check into these site very thouroughly before you do anything. I have had a wonderful (sometimes overwhelming) experience with eharmony! B4T

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Lobster?? And she agreed, and then went out with you again??

You must be kidding!! Now the Starbucks, that was a good move. I like Starbucks!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM Good Coffee...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey, she ain't been going out with me for the seafood buddy! Just you watch yourself there. B4T

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug, you know that you both are in love. That is ok. We are happy for you. At least I am. You know it's about time!!! may I also add that she is very nice and you two look sooooooo cute together. I will just pray that this will work out for you both. Love ya!!!!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when are we going to see the e-harmony commercial?
I'm with Russ, Wednesdays are going to get alot more interesting!

Pss...Rachel if your reading this,
dont take anything personal...we just love giving the pugdemaster a hard time!!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

So if you are not Jay then who are you? Why keep your identity a secret? You got something to hide? B4T

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home