Monday, July 17, 2006

I Did It My Way!

You know, I was thinking. Hello my name is Doug and I am a recovering karaoke slut (that's right I said slut, trust me it is appropriate). During a certain period of time in my life one of my favorite songs to sings was old Blue Eyes version of the My Way. This song has a lot of meaning to you if you are indeed a worldly person who is looking back at your life and finding satisfaction in knowing that you always did things the way that you thought was best. That in and of itself is just a bad way to judge your own life. I cannot go around and base my decisions for everything I do on what I feel is best. I am an imperfect and very flawed human being. I need a higher standard (or athority) to judge where I am at in my life. I need to look at a standard that is much higher than what I could possible set for myself!
Living a life that is set on the standards and principles of God is the only kind of life that has real value. We as humans will make mistakes and blow it from time to time but the principles of God will remain true and constant as a standard for living. When I am successful at living the way God wants me to live then I need to remain humble. When I fail, then I need to feel that conviction which will bring about changes in my life. I also need to pick myself up (or allow others to help me up) dust myself off and get back into the game! Sitting on the sidelines is not an option in life. We need to live, laugh and love with all of our hearts and know that God is in control.
Today, try something that might be a little different. Change something up! For me, I have this enormous sweet tooth so I am going to not partake of any candy, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or anything else with added sugar in it just for today! Now, this alone will not help me to follow God more closely all by itself, but when I get that urge today for something sweet, I am going to take time for a quick prayer! I just want to do it because I know that I can succeed! I will then use it to honor the Father.
What a wonderful and glorious God we serve! Make a decision that you are going to dedicate something to Him today! Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Today, try something that might be a little different. Change something up!"

What are you talking about?!? Something as crazy as picking up your phone to call someone maybe one mile AFTER Scio Church road?

:P

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I probably haven't Pudged anyone in 24 days! I need something more challenging then that. And, oh by the way Russ, some things just work fine as they are! B4T

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Why cant everyone just be themselves? It's hard enough for me to keep track of everyone, then when you add ,whobody, newbody, somebody, justinbody, its just too manybody for me to take!!
Oh I can vouge for the slut thing, sorry DEP.!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Like finding out that God's and my was are not in teh same boat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home