Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Feast - An Ode To Coffee Houses

You know, I was thinking. Over the years I really have become a coffee snob! I like good coffee. The darker and stronger it is the better. I have been limiting my coffee intake these past few months just to help deal with some stress issues so I have been rather picky about where I get my morning brew. Here is a list of my favorite coffee houses and why:

5. The Mustard Seed - In beautiful downtown Tecumseh. They don't have the best coffee that I have ever tasted but their grub is fantastic. There is also something special about walking into a coffee joint that has Christian music playing.

4. The Coffee Beanery - This is a very popular Dundee establishment. They offer a fine brew and some great baked goods. The breakfast and lunch menu are a little pricey, but the food is very good. Just don't be in front of me in the drive thru and order a fancy latte or something that takes 10 minutes to make!

3. The Daily Grind - Also in downtown Tecumseh has got the best tasting coffee in town. I must say that I have yet to have a bad cup from this fine establishment. I must admit that I don't think I have ever eaten anything there other than the bakery stuff but I have it on good authority that the food is great!

2. Starbuck's - The Arborland establishment is the one that I will frequent when I have a chance. I know some folks are attracted to this place just because it is trendy, but the coffee is consistantly great! I highly recommend the Sumatra when it is available.

1. My Favorite Cafe - No really that is the name of this downtown Saline establishment. I have never grabbed anything to eat here but their house blend is the best coffee that I have ever had! That's what I said, the best I've ever had! Now, I know what I like and this place has got it. Very friendly people and a quaint little dining area make this place a must go everytime I am in the area.

What are your favorites? Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Sir Thomas, To answer your question, YES and it was delicious! B4T

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy's right, you know. Peter IS just as cute as a bug's ear! Never had his coffee, though. I'm not a coffee snob. I find that both coffee houses in Tecumseh offer a fine cup of java. Starbucks has never been my favorite because it tends to be trendy and pricey. The Big Boy in Tecumseh used to serve a fantastic cup of coffee, but I think they changed brands or something. The quality just isn't there any more. It's still good, just not AS good. One of my fav's is a new place in town called NewSong Community church. Their brewmaster is incredible! I try to stop there every Sunday on my way home from church. Good cuppa joe!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Sorry I don't really drink coffee. The only thing i really might in that category is a type of cafe mocha from Borders or Tim Horton's. I love tea! I do like the Brittish Pantry here in beautiful downtown Tecumseh. My favorite tea is cinnamon orange spice. Yummy! and the food is yummy too! Have a great weekend ya'll!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I walked by My Favorite Cafe last evening, after eating at Mac's. I was quite stuffed from crab legs, or I might have stopped in for a cup of happiness. Oh yeah, and I was tired

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I like coffee yes I do, I like coffee how 'bout you?

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Superman said...

All fine selections Doug! May I recomend Primo Coffee on Whittaker Rd. They have great coffee and a awesome staff. Without this place I would have failed college. For computer lovers they have free WiFi unlike most places. It's right by my house so if you go call me and I will join you for a cup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home