Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Life That Keeps On Living

You know, I was thinking. Lately things have been pretty busy in the Mollette home. We are finally getting the place finished and ready to put on the market this spring. We are also involved in a local church production called "The Resurrection And The Life". It is a classic Easter passion play. Rachel is helping run sound and yours truly has the part of one of Jesus' deciples Simon the Zealot! You can't keep a ham off of the stage too long! This is a lot of work and a lot of fun and it is funny how the Spirit will work on you during the course of something like this.

Over the past couple of weeks during rehearsals I have been reminded of the life and ministry of Jesus. You would think that after spending the last 29 years in church (most of the time at least) that I would get tired of these teachings. But it's funny! The more that I experience things with this play the more I want more! Think about the ministry of Jesus for a minute. Here was this Son Of God who came to this earth and had to deal with people like me. People that just don't get it sometimes (actually most of the time)! People who are trying to figure it all out and even though they are learning at the feet of God made flesh they just don't get it. There is a scene in the play that we have gone over a few times already that is just an excerpt from the sermon on the mount. Jesus is teaching about how God will take care of us if we only believe that He will! You just have to believe that God will take care of you and that is it? Well, yes that is it. You see God is a loving and caring creator who REALLY knows what is best for us. What does that mean anyway "what is best for us"? Sometimes what IS best for us isn't always pleasant. Sometimes we get so caught up in the here and now that we forget that God is an eternal being! He is looking at the biggest of the big pictures! He is looking out for our real future, not just our mere existance on this earth.

I am convinced more and more every day that the things that happen to us on this earth don't amount to a hill of beans compared to what is waiting for us on the other side. We (I) get so caught up in what is going on at home, at work, at church at............ that I forget what it is really all about. On the Semper Fi blog post yesterday Pastor Tom wrote about his vision statement for NewSong Community Church. It is very simply: "To be a community of faith that is introducing people to Jesus and helping them fall in love with Him.” That really is what it is all about. If I am not introducing people to Jesus and helping them fall in love with Him then what the heck am I here for? What possible meaning could my life have without that. I will admit, I can do better! I will admit that I have gotten side tracked from time to time! I will also admit that when I see these kinds of short comings in my life that I do something about them. Pastor I am with you in this endeavor! I have bought in to this whole concept hook, line and sinker if you will and I am dedicated to the mission of your vision. Give someone a little hug today and tell them it's from Jesus! Be blessed beyond belief today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home