Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Wind Down?

You know, I was thinking. Last week I was informed that our company would be "winding down" its operations here in Ann Arbor! I thought to myself why don't you just call it what it really is and that is going out of business! I must admit that I have seen this day coming for quite some time and am not surprised but why are we soft selling what is going on? I guess that's just the way that business in America really is. Things are going to be fine, God is still in control of all of it. I have been sending out lots of resumes and have been seeking the Father for what I should do next. Quite honestly as nice as it would be to move straight from this job into the next, I sure would mind about 3 - 4 weeks of unemployment before starting something else. But, I will go and do whatever it is that I am supposed to go and do. Just keep all of this held up in prayer for me and many of my fellow employees here. God will always make a way and I hope I am just smart enough to listen to his leading. Be blessed beyond belief today.

7 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be held up in prayer, bro. I'm not sure what God has in mind for you, but I'm sure you'll do a great job at it.

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...golf anyone?

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a job site that most people never heard of:
http://www.indeed.com
I found my job through them. I check and there is a Materials manager in Hudson but that's a haul from Waterford.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Bruiser thank you! All prayers are coveted right now. Tom, YES! Beartracks, right now every job I am qualified to do is in bounds. I went on line and found that one and sent a resume. I would be greatful for any other leads that might come up. B4T

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Will be praying for you and everyone at your company. Sam

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

last time I was downsized it brought us to Tecumseh, hmmm go figure...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Raivynn said...

My Dad was downsized from GM last year (he was an engineer). Being 60 limited his re-employment options. He started a photography business which is slowly growing.

I've heard the Michigan economy is really messed up right now.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers, Doug, that God leads you to the place He wants you to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home