Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Record Temps And Amish Produce

You know, I was thinking. As I sit here at Stately Thorpe Manor in beautiful south central Pennsylvania I think of how absolutely blessed I am. God has allowed me to spend a couple of days with my good pal and his family as well as have a great job interview. Today was another nearly 100 degree day with very high humidity but nothing could spoil today for me. I know that many of my loyal readers don't want to hear this but the interview went well! My thoughts after the interview was that I would be very surprised if there wasn't a job offer from this. Currently there is nothing else happening with any of the resumes that I have submitted or phone interviews that I have done. Our plant will more than likely be closed by the end of the month and I will be out of a job. There is nothing else even on the radar at this point in time. Many times I have asked God to give me only one choice so that I really do the right thing. I know that this doesn't mesh with everyone's idea of how to follow God's will but this has always worked for me. Bottom line is that by this time next week or even sooner we will know about an offer.

In other news, I took the time today to take a little prayer drive on the way back from the interview. I didn't take the direct route back to the Thorpe's but I drove through some of the Amish areas. I saw farmers out and about, people minding their produce stands and a few riding on their bikes. It was a wonderful drive and time of prayer.

Let me leave you with these thoughts:
Lead your family, follow God and get out of the way of pridful thinking.
Make the most of every minute of everyday and take time to be quiet and listen, even if all you hear are crickets.
Love hard and be thankful in all things.
Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you gonna shave the mustache? Oh yeah you may have to get a horse and buggy if he gas prices keep going up, eh? I love the Amish. They will be so far ahead if we have a gas shortage

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Have you checked the price of hay and oats these days?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Raivynn said...

I think they grow their own. Err, hay and oats, that is. Well, I suppose they grow their own mustaches, too. Or, maybe the grow their mustaches, shave them off, and sell them to people who cannot grow their own! That'd explain the funky beard with no 'stache thing!

Glad you interview went well, Doug!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hmmmm grow their own? Maybe that's why they love it so much down on the farm!

There is some special reason they don't grow that stache...I had an Amish guy explain it to me, but have don't really remember...something to do with long ago, people who were persecuting them....trying to be different from them....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home