Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And Now The Process Begins

You know, I was thinking. Most of you who read my blog know that the plant that I am working at is closing soon. In my estimation I will be unemployed by the end of July. So ever since I found out about the closing I have been sending resumes out to various companies at warp speed. I have applied to everything that I am even remotely qualified to do. Tomorrow morning I have a phone interview for a very good job. Here are the positives: I am amply qualified to do the job, this particular position would provide nicely for my family if I get it, the company that I am interviewing with is a solid non-automotive company, I have a very good friend who is quite high up in the HR department of this particular company and I think I would just plain like this job. The biggest draw back is that the company is Graham Packaging and the job location is York, Pennsylvania! Now, don't get me wrong, I am very excited about both the opportunity and the possibility of another very positive change in my life. Although Rachel and I are very willing to move, it is still not our first choice. We really want to stay in SE Michigan if possible but out of all seriousness I have been applying to jobs around here for over two years and haven't even had a serious bite!
I can't even begin to list all of the positives and negatives associated with relocating. There is something exciting about moving on and doing something very positive with my career. But SE Michigan is home to most of my friends and family. It also has one of the best churches that I have ever been aquanted with! Much to think and pray about here.
I am not looking for anyone to try and convince me to stay or to leave. I am looking for people to pray for our wisdom in making decisions for all of the right reasons. Some people look at careers and put a lot of emphasis on being happy in what they are doing. I am not saying that this isn't important but all in all I am a happy man. If I can be happy working for the company that I have worked for over the last seven years then I think I can be happy almost anywhere. I just want to do what is first and foremost God's will in my life and secondly what is best for my family. God will bless me with the right answers at the right time I just want to make sure that I stay out of the way and that I am listening for His answer.
I talked to Pastor Tom this morning who made it very clear that he had the inside scoop from God and that God didn't want me to move to York, PA! I believe that my brother needs some extra prayer today. He did challenge me with me being honest with myself about everything and to make sure that I was considering all of the positives and negatives along the way. For all of that I am thankful. Mostly for his love and friendship.
Let me end this whole thing with this. I am just doing a first interview tomorrow morning. Rachel and I have prayed about this a ton already and have decided that we will persue opportunities outside of SE Michigan and wait to see what is offered. Just because there is an offer does not mean that I have to take it and just because it's outside of the area that we want to live in does not mean that I will turn it down. Pray for us in this process and more than that be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When God closes one door, he opens another, but sometime you need to step towards the door for it to open...

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the best ways to look to the future and know what is coming is to look in the rear view mirror. Look how had God has been faithful to you in the past....trust He will be just as faithful in the days to come.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think carefully, brother. You've got several golf outings each year that you need to arrange and cook for, a Pilgrimage Division to lead and many friends here. And the commute to bowl on Wednesdays would be rough, too.

I'll pray for wisdom for you and you to stay here for the rest of us...how's that?

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are facing the same life challenges that Jackie and I faces 2 years ago. I know that we had prayer warriors sending up a plethora of prayer requests. You have the same warriors praying for you and Rachael. BTW hows Rachael's mother?

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I am praying for you right now. I am asking for God's wisdom and guidance for you my friend.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

UPDATE-
Had the phone interview this morning and all went well. It is funny how things are unfolding right now. I have had two other opportunities spring up in the last two days. Both of these other options would keep me in the area! Keep up the prayers, especially that I will remember the most "important" things! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home