Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Now I'm MAD!

You know, I was thinking. I had been getting attacked for a couple of weeks. God brought me through that and man was I riding the wave this past weekend. Even through the rough times I knew I was blessed and that "God is good, all the time". But there's now, now the enemy has started attacking my family. It is one thing to be the center of the attack, but it's a whole different issue when he starts attacking those whom I love. The enemy is taking away livelyhoods and peace with several members of my family and I'm not going to take it anymore. Game on right now. It's time to fight a spirtual battle with spiritual ammunition. Now is a time for prayer, fasting, time in the word, time for praying in the Spirit and a time for gathering the troops together. It is time to bring in the full power of the resurrected Saviour who said that faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains. Well here we go, satan's finished playing in my neighborhood. God live here and he and his demons are no longer welcome. There is a time for reflection and then there is a time for war and this is the latter. God is in control and nothing can ever stop that. If you are battling right now, bring it out and get people praying about it. If you are riding high or on the mountain top, then start praying, fasting and doing whatever it takes to intercede on other people's behalf. Be blessed today.

7 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Yep, that's the way Satan got to Job. he couldn't get to Job directly so he attacked from the rear flank by attacking the ones we love. Yes, it's time to remove the perverbial gloves and fight back. We, however, cannot fight spiritual battles, they must be faught by Jesus whom has already defeated Satan.
When Satan reminds us of our past..
just remind him of his future.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

In heavenly armour we'll enter the land
The battle belongs to the Lord
No weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand
The battle belongs to the Lord

We sing glory and honor
Power and strength to the Lord
(repeat)

The power of darkness comes in like a flood
The battle belongs to the Lord
He's raised up a standard, the power of His blood
The battle belongs to the Lord

When your enemy presses in hard do not fear
The battle belongs to the Lord
Take courage my friend, your redemption is near
The battle belongs to the Lord

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Thanks Kodiak I love that song but to say that we "cannot" fight spiritual battles is not completely true. Yes, it is in the spiritual realm where we don't exist but there are ways to bring about that spiritual protection. I believe it was you who wrote about God's provision that he provided for the birds but he didn't put the seeds in the nest. We (I) need to take an offensive posture on this and stop just playing defense. Thanks for the encouragement. BBT

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I believe we are on the same page. What I said is that we cannot fight in our own strength. We take the offense when we yeild ourselves to prayer and devote ourselves to reading the scripture.
DEP said "Now is a time for prayer, fasting, time in the word, time for praying in the Spirit and a time for gathering the troops together. It is time to bring in the full power of the resurrected Saviour who said that faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains." Is the time for prayer, fasting, devotion to scripture, etc taking the offensive or defensive? It is infact both, because we are yeilding to Jesus, consecrating our lives to HIm and the Holy Spirit. True, mustard seed faith can move mountainsb but is it teh faith which moves the mountain or faith having faith in Christ which moves mountains? The apostles cast out demons and healed illness, but they did so in the name of Jesus. Rest assured, DEP you are covered in prayer. Love you Brother.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Kodiak, I would absolutely agree that we are on the same page. We are saying the same thing in different ways. No way in the world we can fight a spiritual battle with conventional weapons. We MUST rely on the power that is in the name of Jesus Christ in order to battle darkness. Thank you for the encouragement today. Once again BBT!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Russell said...

I prayed last night that God bring me back to the mountain top. Every day I reach higher. Through devine inspiration I have stopped looking around at the waves and worrying how "I" am going to make it. I am standing firm on the water with my hand firmly grasped to my Saviors, walking back to the boat...

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if we fall into the bottom of a well-
Thinking we've made it to the top of the mountain?
What if we're knocking at the gates of hell-
thinking we're heaven bound?
What if we spend our lives thinking of ourselves-
when we should have been thinking of each other?
What if we reach up and touch the ground-
to find we're living life upside down?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home