Monday, June 20, 2005

A Weekend Made For Doug

You know, I was thinking. What a great weekend I just finished. Saturday was about as perfect as it could get. It started out with me sleeping in until almost 6:30 a.m. I got up had a little coffee while watching an episode of This Old House Classics. At about seven I got dressed and went to the Famous Milan Coney Island for breakfast (a western omlet, american fries and rye toast with strawberry jelly, I only ate about half of it! Oh yeah, and coffee), then off to my brother-in-laws house to work on my nieces car. Just a break job and oil change (even changed the oil on momma's car while I was there) and I messed with both my niece's and nephew's (#2) heads and then I was off again. Decided that momma's car needed a bath so I pulled into the car wash there in Milan and since nothings too good for my momma I sprang for the delux wash. Then it was back home. It is now just about 10:00 a.m. and I start the lawn mowing process. First the hand mowing and trimming and then I mount up on Big Green for the major work. Just before I get going on that I said to momma to lay out some meat, I'll be light up the big honkin grill (BHG) today. At about 11:55 I was finished with both the front and back yards and decided that I was ready for lunch. My niece was there (different one this time) and her kids were around. While in the house #1 calls and inquires if I will be lighting the BHG, he said good cause he had some strip steaks that needed to get used up (God is soooooo good)! So after a bologna sandwich (with mayo and pepper jack cheese) it was time to mow the back forty. I finish mowing about 1:30 so I go in the house to watch a little US Open. By 2:30 #1 and family had arrived, #4 and family had arrived, Sis, Trish and Cora were out at there house so I fired up the BHG! While eating, #1 decided it would be good to play 9. So we called #4 back out, both of them got permission to go (that's all I'll say on that topic) and we were off to the coarse. After getting my butt kicked by both #1 & #4 it was back to the house where another niece had arrived! Wow! What a nice evening of just sitting in the gazebo talking. It was a great day, one for the books. A little work, a little play, a little food and a lot of Mollettes (& Fraleys). Just thought I would share this with you. Be blessed today.

8 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Russell said...

There are days I actually wish I had Mollette blood in me. This sounds like one of them. Family. Food. Fellowship.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Oh YEA?? Well I had a nap yesterday so top that buster!!!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey Russ a little secret, you don't actually need Mollette blood to join in. You just need to show up! BBT

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I had a wonderful weekend, too. Kids realy blessed me. And I got a nap in to, and to top that Jackie BBQ some portabello mushrooms and sauteed steaks.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Your BBQ sounds great, also DEP

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Hmm, secret sounds out. My weekend was great, too. Although E got a little sick at church... Not sure what that was about.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger big j said...

yea it was pretty good. :->

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jay said...

It could have only been better if a couple of them hawkins boys from oer in lenway county wood a ben thar.

Too bad all you hawkins boys is hitched I got a couple of sisters who need a good man or two!!

Ps: Hey Russ you might want to re-think the mollette blood thing, we usually do!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home