Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Watch Me Watch Me

You know, I was thinking. My great niece Cora is going through this stage right now where she will get my attention by saying "Dougie watch me, watch me. Are you watching, watch this"! Then she will proudly stand on one leg and hop three or four times as if she's just accomplished setting a world record or something. She will then say "did you see me?" She will then get the normal barrage of "yes I did" and "that was great"! Nothing like positive affirmations to a child, especially a three year old. She thinks that what she has done is so tremendous that everyone in the world needs to know that she can do it, but especially those who are close to her. But all that has actually happened is that a three year old has learned how to jump up and down on one leg!
Do we do the same thing with the Father? Do we stand around saying "God watch me, watch me" and then do something so basic and so simple that it's just really nothing incredible in perspective to the creator of the universe. But our Father loves us so much that he says to us "that was great" and "do it again"! He's so good to us. You see just like we do with Cora, God wants to encourage us to keep learning to keep stretching ourselves and to keep on trying new and exciting things. Not because they impress Him, but because He gets excited to see us doing the stuff that makes Him happy. How are you pleasing the Father today or at least how are you entertaining Him? Be blessed today.

6 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

We can ALL use a little positive affirmation and encouragement. So..

WATCH ME WATCH ME LORD!!!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger big j said...

i do that from time to time. :->

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dougie - my big attention getter when I was Cora's age was something to effect of "watch me do this dangerwous twick!" Then I would proceed to stand on a very low ledge - usually a couple of inches max. - and jump off! I felt like such a daredevil! My family was always by best audience!
Got a new sign-off - and it's now mine so don't copy! BABT (be a blessing today!)

See ya!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Mrs. B Mac, love the sign off! The way I see it life goes full circle cause a 2 inch jump for me these days would be a very daredevilish thing to do. BBT GIG ATT BBH! I love these acronyms!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

We all have a tendency to say "Lord, look at me, look at me." and God does watch like a good father does. But in His heart, he is really saying, Bruce, "look at Me, look at Me."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home