Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rachel Wednesday #4

You know, I was thinking. When last we left Doug and Rachel they had just finished a very interesting dinner date at Chili's in Novi. The week following this time was filled with a number of emails and phone calls. In fact the phone call that post ceded that following Monday evening lasted for two hours! I can't remember the last time I spoke to a woman on the phone for that length of time. As I recall it I brought up the fact of how special that night was and felt that we had really connected. She felt the same way about the evening. Now, the up coming week was going to be the last week that Rachel had before she was going to be involved in some full blown play rehearsals. It wasn't going to be long before she was going to be very busy, so I had to make sure that I kept myself on her mind a little bit. Now, as I had said in previous posts, Rachel was moving with a great deal of caution still. She hadn't found out if I was being straight forward with her or if I was some raging lunatic (be careful here) just waiting for an innocent woman to prey on! So I didn't have her phone number yet, what kind of car she drove and I had no idea of where she lived other than somewhere in Waterford. So I made sure that I emailed everyday (sometimes several times a day) and she made sure we talked a number of times on the phone that week.
The day finally arrived when we got to get together again. Saturday March 18, 2006. The date was set for 6 p.m. this time because of her play rehearsal that afternoon. I knew that we would have to make it through dinner quickly and get right to the theatre (I believe it was a 7:15 show) so I left the house early and stopped by the theatre to pick up the tickets on the way to our next restaurant "On The Border" in Novi (not far from the Chili's that we had been to the previous week). I arrived at just after 5 p.m. and waited for a while before I put our names in. She arrived promptly at 6 p.m. and it only took about five minutes before we were seated (man I am good). Dinner was wonderful. It was filled with conversation and of course she returned the DVD I had let her watch (I knew that plan would work)!
After dinner it was off to the movie. Driving separately we got to the theatre to see "Madea's Family Reunion" and enjoyed it thoroughly. I kept fighting the urge to put my arm around her at the movie. I didn't want to move too quickly and let's face it; I had not been in this situation in a lot of years so I refrained (better to err on the side of caution). After the movie finished we still wanted to spend some time together. We checked out a couple of places right by the theatre and one of them was too "bar like" for coffee and conversation and the other was about an hour wait. So off we went to Starbucks! We talked about a lot of things that night including her checking out and making sure that the place I said that I went to church was legit! She was taking nothing at face value and I personally respected that! We ended the evening around midnight! Just before we left she informed me that her plan was to show up at church that next day and surprise me! I responded positively to that proposal.
The next day I was hyper all the way through service. I kept wondering if she was going to make it or not! I kept sneaking a look toward the back of the auditorium every now and then but no Rachel. The service had finished and she hadn't shown. I didn't think anything negative but was reasoning in my mind that we had simply been out too late the night before, I was sure that everything was fine. As I was putting chairs away and doing what I normally do at the end of service, here she comes down the aisle! She had just arrived and was so apologetic about how long it took her! I didn't care, I was just glad she was there. I introduced her to a number of people and we had a small group of us that went to lunch together. What a great day. I really felt that this was going to turn into something great. There was a momentum here and I just couldn't wait until the next time that we would see each other. The plan was set, the connection had been made, and I now even knew what kind of car she drove! I thought that what had been started was well on its way to becoming something great! What neither one of us knew was that in the next 24 hours we would thrown the biggest curve ball that neither one of us expected. That story and more next week! Be blessed beyond belief today.

23 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Jay said...

O.K. I must admit that you are really starting to get good at this.
Cant we just have a Rachel week and get it over with?
I don't think I can wait until Next wednesday to find out about the curve ball thing....come on man....!!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

ONOM! As much as I love and respect you I must say that I get enough flack from you know who when I do one day a week. But, if I get an overwhelming consensus of regular blog readers wanting a "week of Rachel" then I will consider that option. But I know going in that there will be fallout. B4T

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this just leaves me with questions. When did she find out about the car YOU drive? Since when do you arrive an hour early to make sure you get a table? What did you have to eat? Just how long does it take to get to Tecumseh from Waterford? What does she mean by "legit"? When did you start talking about yourself in the third person? Since when do I have to be careful about "raving lunatic"? Are you allergic to poison ivy? Why is there air? To make curve balls curve? Can Doug hit a curve ball? How about a screw ball? Stay tuned...And so go...

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

HUH? Jimbo, you seem to be filled with questions! That's good, maybe you can find some answers soon! B4T

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

sounds like a double redundant regression to me.

I anticipate the weekly updates of "the saga" too! We don't want to upset the kjv too much though, so if weekly installments is what we have to settle for, then so be it. A little is better than none at all.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

So far the count is 1-1! Anybody else? B4T

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea mee too...oh his pudgeness. When it comes to these questions, you have ALL the answers.... well, most.. well, some, maybe..

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jay said...

My question after reading Mongo's questions!!
Did she check to see if you are "Legit" yet.
And if she did, how did she come to that conclusion?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Here's a suggestion, how about Mrs. KJV starts a blog of her own, so we can get the real story!!
You have just seemingly done too many RIGHT things, and since I know where you where inbread from I find some of this very Unrealistic!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jay said...

And whats a double retarded progression anyway?

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

j... i'm with you man.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

In answer to a certain nephew's questions here we go: she has seen that the things that I told her are legit (i.e. where I go to church & now she has seen where I work); the lovely MS. KJV has said she WILL start her own blog right after school lets out. But, if you notice she comments in on these blogs often and has not chosen to challenge a single word that I have said. Therefore, yes I have been "that good"; It's a double redundant regression (not retarded like some Kimba fans) that simply means that Mongo has reverted two levels simultaneously! Simple when you break the words down now ain't it. Any more bright ideas ONOM? Obviously you need a little more education before you revisit this particular blog page. I hear that Rachel teaches elementary level classes if you would like me to set something up for you. B4T (oh yes, this was indeed a Pudging)!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Who's in who's head???

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Jay said...

And you didn't feel that rusell needed a Pudging for agreeing?
I have been trying for over a year to get PUDGED!! and I now know where the switch is....
I think I'll turn it on every Wednesday from now on!!
Man I like Wednesday's!!!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Well, at least I don't think that Africa is an island! B4T

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I will no longer appease your nature to argue.
Bye, Bye.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

That's only because you cannot hang ONOM! It's not that you don't want to argue, it's that you haven't got a leg to stand on! B4T

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, mon cher DEP. "We would thrown," indeed! There are some things that Microsoft Word just can't do for you. Que les mercredis sauvages reviennent!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, nice word invention: "post ceded" is not in the dictionary (2214 pages worth).

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Hey I hear Rachel teaches Elementary level classes! Check into those for m..........Yourself!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Oh and I think you where just "Racheled"!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

First of all ONOM I wasn't Racheled, I was KJV'd! Second of all I thought you quit arguing with me? Who's in whose head now. Ms KJV, I will deal with you on a more personal level at a later time and please understand that I can make up any word that I want to. Everyone knew what post ceded meant! B4T

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Couldn't help myself!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home