Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Riding The Wave Of Praise

You know, I was thinking. During the past few weeks we have been in our 40 Days Of Praise. It is funny how when you concentrate on praising God many other things just kind of fall into place. Between reading the scriptures, being in the services and just taking some extra time out to thank the creator of the universe, I haven't had nearly the time that I used to have to stress out about things. Now, there are a lot of reasons that God wants our praise but I think the main one is to take the focus off of us and put it back on Him.

A couple of months ago I was in a very dark valley. I became inwardly focused on what was happening in my life. From my perspective there was nothing positive happening and I was indeed hurting and stressing out over the most basic things. I was becoming short tempered and constantly irritated! Once my focus switched from me to HIM, I started coming out of the valley. It is funny how most of the things that stressed me out are still hanging around and are one by one being resolved, but they don't impact me like they did a few weeks ago. Why? Because I made the decision to change my focus! God gets all of the glory for this and not me. He taught me (mostly through other people) that I just needed to let it go. It was alright to make a prayful plan, but to be open to His will and obey His Spirit! Strange how things are working out.

Spend some extra time today praising the Father. For what you might ask? Just start saying thank you and the rest will come naturally. Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

40DaysofPraise.com

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Corrie ten Boom in the concentration camp, reluctantly giving thanks for the fleas, and later discovering that the fleas kept the worst guard away. I Thessalonians 5:18

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

luvkjv, I still know who you are and yes we should give thanks in all circumstances! Have fun at your missions meeting. B4T

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, DEP, my identity cannot be hid from thee? Confess, it's simply too easy for at least two reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home