Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What A Fantastic Weekend

You know, I was thinking. It is not often that I can have the opportunity to do so many things that I love on any given weekend, but this last one did encompass a number of great things for me. First of all it started out Friday night with a little trip to Waterford to see "you know who". We basically just hung out and had dinner and then watched (most of) a movie before she had to go and pick up her oldest son and I had to head home.
Most of Saturday was spent doing yard work and getting the compound in shape for the upcoming Monday festivities. You may think it is strange but I love spending quality time with my mower! It is one of those simple pleasures that I have come to enjoy. Later on that evening Rachel arrived to spend a couple of nights with us. She and I have both been looking forward to this and she got to see me in my "natural habitat"!
Sunday morning meant getting to once again go worship with the family at NewSong. Rachel had her first taste of the NewSong experience and really enjoyed it. She also stayed to assist us in praying over each and every seat at the Civic for this Friday's community concert. After this she and I went to Dundee to take a quick look around Cabela's and to meet the Bodman's for lunch. What a wonderful time that was. Then it was back to the compound to change into some shorts and then off to the driving range. The plan was that Rachel was to play in the Memorial Day Open so she needed to get some swings in. That's all I am going to say about it except that we did have a good time.
Saturday night did bring a disturbing phone call from Rachel's son. Her mother had to be taken by ambulance from the nursing home to the hospital. Long story short, it didn't sound good. Rachel had to head back home immediately to take care of this situation.
Monday morning I called Rachel and once again long story short, things weren't as bad as we believed with her mother! Praise God! ONOM and his family showed up and then he and I were off to Tecumseh for the Open! This is already going too long so let's just say the number 75 and leave it at that.
The big shin dig was great. ONOM beat me to the punch by posting about yesterday so quickly but trust me when I say that all 69 people at the Compound yesterday had a great time. I want everyone to know what a blessing it is for us to have had all of you there. God has blessed us richly with great friends and family. Like Jay said in his blog, you only get invited until you come. From that point forward you just get reminders. We hope to break the 80 mark before the summer ends.
Well, this has been a long post today, but it makes up for no post yesterday. Be blessed beyond belief today.

10 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to see "most of a movie", but it had nothing to do with picking up kids... Sounds a little too convenient an excuse to me...

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no details about the driving range?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

It was a great time. Thanks DEP.

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The deviled eggs and the beans were great. Thanks for everything..

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

First of all Ms. luvkjv, I thought it would be in your best interest to NOT share the details of the driving range. As far as the beans and deviled eggs Mongo (huh?) I hope Donna liked them as much as you did! B4T

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

"most of a movie" LOL

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Define "best interest."

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

luvkjv - "Best Interest" would be best defined as not sharing something that could possibly bring some kind of embarrassment or humiliation to a person! B4T :)

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you implying that Rachel is a lousy golfer, and that revealing this "truth" could embarrass or humiliate her? OR is it you, perhaps, who might be embarrassed or humiliated to be with someone who doesn't golf well?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

The answer to your last two questions are yes and I could never be embarrassed or humiliated by someone who doesn't golf well. It's not ALWAYS about me. B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home