Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Feast - An Ode To ONOM

You know, I was thinking. There are few people in your life that can both challenge you and inspire you. One of these people in my life happens to be ONOM (aka Jay Mollette). You see if you don't know the two of us at all and watch us together, you'll just have no clue as to what is going on. If you know both of us and watch us together, you'll still have no clue as to what is going on! Whether you call him Jay, #1, ONOM or that bald guy over there he's always going to be himself. Here are my top five reasons that I love this guy:

5 - He's my very first nephew! There is only a 2-1/2 year difference in our ages. We spent a great deal of time together growing up and became more like brothers than uncle and nephew.

4 - He's lives on the edge of sanity! If you push too hard he might just go over the edge. He likes to mix it up a bit and doesn't get serious unless he has to (remind you of someone)!

3 - He's able to challenge me! Not many people in this world can take me right to the limit of my Pudging ability but this guy can. He knows how I think and how I will respond. You might say that one of us is in the other's head!

2 - He's got a spiritual side! Even before he let Jesus into his life Jay has always had a great deal of respect and honor for God. It is through that part of him that God was able to reach him and bring him into the fold.

1 - He's just a great guy! No matter what he and I have been through both of us have the same values in this life. He is always putting others (especially family) ahead of himself and has a servants heart! He's a wonderful person and let's face it, I just plain love him.

Well there you have it, no matter how you slice it he is definately ONOM! Be blessed beyond belief today.

8 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is also very talented and gifted. Have you heard him sing??

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Yes I have! Fine drummer too! B4T

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

hmmm. Pudge him one day, praise him the next! Love it.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

That is probably the most descriptive way to describe our relationship. Besides, he wanted the Pudging. B4T

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jay said...

My Dear Uncle Pudge,
Did we not have this conversation this past weekend?
Although your words were well thought, and very flattering,....
You know I liked it so much, that I have just now decided to dedicate my ENTIRE blog next week, as a tribute to YOU!!
I think I will break up the days into decades of your age, 0-10 on Monday and so-on.
Thanks for the Kind words and the Challenge!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just cant wait to hear about the good old days, back in the 40's and 50's....

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

This is what I get for showing some kindness to family. B4T

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger ryan said...

don't forget the guy has a GREAT HAIR CUT TOO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home