Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday Mania

You know, I was thinking. God has blessed me beyond belief today! I have a wonderful life that I really wouldn't trade for anything in this world. Oh don't get me wrong, my life is full of challenges on all sides. I battle the forces against me on a daily basis. I have challenges at work, challenges in ministy and I even have family issues that have to be dealt with. But, I love the life that God has blessed me with! Many times you have seen me write or heard me say that "God is in control"! It's more than just a trite saying, I really do my best to live my life with that knowledge. He makes the sun rise and set according to His will and His desire. Life is going to be full of challenges and irritations, but know that beyond a shadow of a doubt God has got control of all of it.
In time all of us have to make a decision whether or not to react to things. I have had a number of these types of challenges throughout this past week. So many times I have bit my tongue and just waited things out. Each time it was the right thing to do. My flesh wanted to cry out "hey you're wrong" or "that's not fair" or even "I know that I'm right". But, God has taught me (mostly the hard way) that reacting quickly to a situation is rarely the correct thing to do. Praise God that He is in control. Over the next couple of weeks I hope to be able to surrender up to God more and more of my life. I wish I could say that I am in complete submission to His will but I know that I am not. I am still very selfish, arrogant and stubborn. I like things to be the way that I like things to be! But as the old children's song goes:

He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be,'Cause He's still working on me

I can't wait till I grow up! Be blessed beyond belief today.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it really is a wonderful life!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jay said...

and I even have family issues that have to be dealt with....
So like I said, what did I do now?
I cant change without proper communication.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home