Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just To Humor The Blogfather

You know, I was thinking. The other day I got tagged by none other than the Blogfather himself! So, I took this about as seriously as a gnat flying around my head (you know a distraction and annoyance but that's about all) and went on with my life...........................until this morning. Someone named Russ got on the IM and began busting my chops about not responding to the "tag"! According to the Blogfather when one is tagged one becomes "obligated" to respond! So without giving up my fist ammendment right to freedom of speech, and most importantly to get this guy off my back. Here is my response to "five things that you probably don't know about me!

1. When I was about four years old my friends all wanted to grow up to be be firemen, policemen or astronauts. Not me, I wanted to be an ice cream man. I thought this would be the greatest job in the world. You got the truck with all of the cool music and lights. You get to drive around and see people all day long. But most importantly was that you had all of that ice cream at your disposal.

2. I am the youngest of five children. I have the unquestionable knowledge that since I was born exactly one year and sixteen days after my brother Jerry that I was an unplanned birth. I can't see my dad saying to my mom (when my brother was three months old) "you know, we need to have one more right away!"

3. When I was 14 years old my Babe Ruth baseball team (Milan Blue) won the league championship! I got the winning hit to clinch the championship (one of only three that season). We got knocked out of districts the first game.

4. My favorite car that I ever owned was a 1974 Cherry Red Chevy Monte Carlo. This thing was beautiful. It had a built up 350 Chevy engine under the hood and would just float down the road at 100 mph! Man, I miss that ride.

5. My first trumpet solo ever was when I was a junior in high school. I was playing in the community jazz band and had about a 20 measure solo to a jazz arrangement of the song "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight". My hands were shaking so hard that I barely finished the solo! But it went well.

So there you have it Blogfather! I hope this satisfies my obligations to both you and blog etiquette! Above all other things be blessed beyond belief today.

5 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All things I didn't know. Well done!

(You forgot the little part about tagging 5 others...)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Well, since you post said nothing about "tagging" five other people and since you said nothing about that paticular requirement earlier then you just get what you get! You really need to publish that rule book. B4T

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Doug, thanks for adding a little Windex to the smeary window of your life.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whobody knew...

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I am commenting on Jason's comment! I literally laughed out loud, as did wow, we both saw it at the same moment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home