Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Best Defense...

You know, I was thinking. The old saying that the best defense is a good offense really applies to life today. Recently the Pudgeman has been part of several personal attacks by the enemy that has caused me to react in ways that I never dreamed possible. I have found out that I am not immune to the slings and arrows of the enemy and in fact what God has begun with me seems to have gotten some attention in the hadean world! Fortunately God has been my protector for some time now and even though I have fallen into a couple of enemy traps, He has been there to pull me out. This thought came to me this morning that maybe I have been sitting back and just playing defense lately! Maybe I need to take this up to the next level and launch an attack on the enemy for a change. Then I thought, how do I do that? How do I attack an unseen enemy? The answer came to me as quickly as the question did. You attack with the unseen army! You call upon the name of the Lord and allow Him to do the work that is needed to be done within you. So, how do you do that? Time in the word, prayer, fasting, meditating, teaching, ministering and praising HIM! The enemy cannot be seen with the human eye so don't try to attack him with human methods. It reminds me of Jesus' words with the great commision "Go into all the world and preach the gospel... and I will be with you always even to the end of the earth". When we spend time dwelling on those things that God would have us to do, Jesus is right there beside us. He doesn't leave! Although we do have attacks, he is right there in the midst of the fight. Although we might get wounded and battle weary, we will never be conquered. Although "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. Your rod and your staff comfort me". God is good, all the time and I need to trust in "Him who gives me strength". You feeling attacked? Take the enemy to the mat! Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Excellent stuff! I'll do some "fighting" on your behalf as well...

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

sometimes I feel as though he has me back on my heels, but then I think of Jesus, and I feel better. Not always ecstatic, but definitely propped up

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger wowgirl said...

great post...I'm hearing Eye of the Tiger playing in the backround!!! Go get em'!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home