Monday, September 26, 2005

Button Pushing

You know, I was thinking. Our enemy has a way of pushing our buttons. He knows where we are weak and where we are strong. He nips at us endlessly to get us to do things that are so out of character that it scares people. Well, he got to me yesterday and it caused me to hurt someone very near and dear to me. Fortunately, I serve a God who is greater than that enemy, and a brother wo serves that God tirelessly. Before the day was finished yesterday the situation had been resolved and all had been forgiven but the feelings of remorse remain. They will soon be gone and life will be back to normal or even better very soon. You never know how strong a relationship is until it has been challenged. I heard a great pastor say that on numerous occasions. I guess the reason for this post today is to encourage all of you who are reading this to take care of business. Relationships on earth are a direct reflection of our relationships on the spiritual level. How we treat one another is a direct reflection of how we treat God. When we hurt each other, we hurt God. When we love on one another, we are loving on God. He is always in control and we are always going to make mistakes. But when we make a mistake that is when we have to make a decision to do it His way or to take matters into our own hands.
God will make things better if we let Him do it. Swallow your pride, stand up, dust off and tell that person you love so dearly "I'm sorry"! God will take it from there. Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Russell said...

You should really read this book I'm in the middle of. Talks about the exact same thing. It's really well done and a very easy read.

Searching for God Knows What by: Donald Miller

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Doug your words are encouraging. I think I can say the same thing has happened here, and the outcome has been great. You do know what I am talking about. Thank you for your encouraging words again.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

yep dep, I too have hurt people, but the object is to try to correct the hurt asap. God be praised for your willingness to ask forgiveness. It isn't easy to swallow your pride and do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home