Monday, October 03, 2005

The "F" Word

You know, I was thinking. Some of the greatest experiences in my life have centered around the "F" word. Now before some of you degenerates go in the wrong direction, I'm talking about fellowship (what else?). Over the weekend I experienced some of the greatest that I have in quite some time. On Friday night I had the pleasure of joining up with the small group that meets at the Nevins home at 7:00 p.m. (not so subtle hint to the readers here). This group could quite possibly compete for the coolest group at NewSong. On Saturday it was Michigan football and then a guys night out. Great dinner and movie! I've got to admit that about half way through the movie the thought occurred to me "I wonder how much of this will appear in Tom's sermon tomorrow"? I'll just say this, our good pastor did not let me down. Then the Sunday morning celebration, and a visit from a couple of cousins in the afternoon was great (Jay and Christina also came over for awhile which made it even better). The Sunday evening it was off to the reigning coolest small group on the planet which meets at Jeff & Heather Bacus' home at 6:00 on Sunday's (another not so subtle hint). We were joined by Pastor Dad & Shirley! It's great when I am not the senior statesman in the group! But, it got me thinking on how absolutely dependent that I am on the love and attention of other Christians. I cannot make it through the week without these things. The best part about it is that tonight is our Prayer Ministry meeting and Wednesday is the Men's small group! I want to have that first century experience of getting together with other Christians daily! I mean it. We need one another! I want to spend time with God's people. Thanks to all of you who complete my life. I love you all. Be blessed beyone belief today.

7 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Hey, I want to invite all to our Fri. night small group at 7:00. Jay and Christina, I know that you have been personally invited and I'm extending the invite. You will also be recieving a phone call. Gosh, I sound threatening. To put it bluntly...be there or else. Just kidding, but would love to have you. Doug, Chris and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to study with you. This was definetly lead by the Holy Spirit, because the enemy was trying to discourage.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Kelly, was that yet another not so subtle hint? Sassy, I like your attitude. B4T

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Most people know I am usually NOT subtle...see Doug you have rubbed off on me already!!!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Kelly,
First of all go take a shower and get that Pudge off of you before it leaves a stain.
Second maybe you will see us on friday night, if it's o.k. to bring Adam.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Yes, bring Adam. How old is he???

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Adam is 8. He might also enjoy going over to the Yearsin's with the other kids. He would also be fine at the group. Just a thought! B4T

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Now I am really sorry we might not be there. I will try to get us out of here by 5 am on friday so we can join the group! B4T, Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home