Monday, January 22, 2007

Getting Stirred Up

You know, I was thinking. Some times I have come on this blog and given you all some original Pudge stuff. But most of the time I have done nothing more than taken ideas from someone else and added my own flaire to them and then shared them with you. Today will be one of those kinds of posts.

Yesterday as I was sitting in church at Faith Baptist in Waterford, the pastor (Jim Combs) began to preach about things that stir him up. You see Pastor Jim is a man who doesn't hold back on what he thinks and feels just because it might not be popular. Some of the things that he listed were: People who use the Lord's name in vein, People who are critical of America, People who hurt children, Catching a big bass and a couple of others that were along these lines. He pointed out that we all have things that we get stirred up about. The main point that he made was that he gets stirred up about bringing people to Jesus! Man, now he was really speaking my language. I can't tell you what it does to me to see people become obedient to accepting Jesus into their hearts. There is nothing that can bring out more emotion or warmth in my soul than to witness such a thing.

There are people all around you today who are getting ready to step into eternity without knowing Jesus! Do you personally know any? What are you doing about it? I know that leading people to salvation can take a great deal of time and patience. Often you do not just walk up to a person and lead them to the Lord in one conversation but are you having any conversations with the unsaved about their salvation. I feel quite convicted right now as I write this. My hope is that the Father will give me the opportunities and the words to be more effective in His kingdom today, tomorrow and for as long as I walk this earth. Go out into your world today and share the Good News about Jesus with someone. Be blessed beyond belief today.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were missed yesterday, even publicly mentioned from the pastor. Good to hear the pudge getting stirred up though!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey guys I really missed being at NewSong yesterday. But Tom, I did tell you that there was another pastor in my life. He's not MY pastor though! Just know that I am being well fed on the weeks that I am away. B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home